1967 Mustang I6 TURBO KIT

thestang

Hey guys,

Where can i get a turbo kit for my I6? Can i buy an EBAY TURBO kit all i would need is the exhaust manifold ( i have had success with these in the past, so i know they are reliable)?

we have a forum for that:
"Turbo, Superch, Nitros" it's pretty active.
Get the sz right, then use fleebay or CL. Build ur own.

I don't follow them but assume many go to the typical 'stang vendors for ready made kit...
(CJ Poney, American Muscle, stage3motorsports, roush, 'stang depot...)

I don't believe there are any current 'kits' for small or big Ford six. Adapting a 'kit' from a similar engine is and option with reasonable additional fabrication. With modern fuel and ignition management options, the available power adders are only limited by your budget.

have fun

. ... Buick derived draw-thru turbo on 250 Maverick.

Xhaust:

Powerband, is that your install?
I picked up a 3.8L v6 turbo setup over the weekend, but I couldn't remember who had actually done the install.

If it is yours...
1. What did you do for timing control?
2. Did you ever put a hood on the car?

I thought about installing mine parallel to the intake.
200_gm_turbo_zpsso51gdte.jpg

.. picked up a 3.8L v6 turbo setup over the weekend, but I couldn't remember who had actually done the install. If it is yours...
1. What did you do for timing control?

If you peek inside a typical early 70's DSII Distributor , you may see numbers like 13R or 1/2 the maximum advance (Distrib turns at 1/2 crank). With a max advance 'locked out' at @ 26 degrees, now you can just play with the weights and springs for more control. I leave the vac advance connected to intake but obviously not working in boost. Maybe not best setup but works fine for development. Aftermarket GM HEI module amp complements DSII.

2. Did you ever put a hood on the car?

The 250 vs the 200 is almost 2" taller than 200 and the Maverick has the lowest hood line of any of the Ford Six cars AFAIK. A 200 in an earlier car would fit a lot nicer .

the Draw-Thru Buick setup worked really well once I got the weird carb tuning straight. The complementary Caburetor for the non-electronic (@ pre 82) Buick/Pontiac turbo era is a special Quadrajet rated @ 850CFM but with small primary jets for off-boost cruise - the carb is designed to increase fuel much different than NA carbs. The electronic QJet Draw-Thru (82>)versions easily available but useless without engine computer management, earlier non-servo Qjets are scarce. Various schemes for dumping the needed fuel into engine at boost were developed to use original linear CFM carbs. Draw thru can use a mechanical FP like NA which keeps it simple.

HAve fun
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Powerba ... rue&page=1

how bout sompin w/the VI alu head?

Back