Carb leaks fuel under boost

thatblue_67stang

Under WOT my carb leaks fuel from the accelerator arm shaft (the shaft that holds the butterflies). it leaks from the opposite side of where the linkage goes. im going to rebuild that shaft but was wondering if there is anything i can put in there to make it not leak. i have a holley 2300. is there any orings or special seals that are made for boost.

On the Holley 2300 2Bbl's I prep for forced induction use, I remove the linkage from the opposite side of carb and add an O-ring with a washer and spring pressure to keep it sealed. Not the most sophisticated solution but so far works fine with 5-8 lbs boost. Good idea to spot weld linkage to shaft since it's only crimped on .

have fun

powerband":ovzdhpmh said:
On the Holley 2300 2Bbl's I prep for forced induction use, I remove the linkage from the opposite side of carb and add an O-ring with a washer and spring pressure to keep it sealed. Not the most sophisticated solution but so far works fine with 5-8 lbs boost. Good idea to spot weld linkage to shaft since it's only crimped on .

have fun

That is exactly what my dad said to do. So that's what I'm going to do. Thank you

powerband":394143je said:

have fun

Got the carb all done.

Attachments

• 20180924_180920.jpg
    20180924_180920.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20180924_225138_751.jpg
    IMG_20180924_225138_751.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 18
Back