Turbo a triple carb set up?

TheRebel

Has anyone ever run a turbo on a triple carb 200? Finding very little on this, and if there's others who have lived out my crazy fantasies I'd love to know.

Thanks!

TheRebel":1tho6x1q said:
Has anyone ever run a turbo on a triple carb 200? Finding very little on this, and if there's others who have lived out my crazy fantasies I'd love to know.

Thanks!

Popular Mechanics Mar 1961 advert. The Pumpkin Seed ran a supercharged Hilborne Injected 156 Falcon six. 205.949 mph avergage.

, and a bored out 144 with the engine in the foreground from Hot Rod March 1960.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=70827&p=544574#p544574

Care of Hot Rodding the 144 Ford Hot Rod May 1960

xrwagon":1tho6x1q said:
When Hot Rod May 1960 Had three modded 144 inlines on the front it was the thing young mans dreams are made of,
one injected,
one blown with triples
and one with triples,

until i see a awe inspiring Camry on the front cover of Hot Rod i will be dumb for long time.

Fact is, the exhast system is poorly supported, so you can place the turbo on the driver side like that old Paxton blower in the left side had. Turbos from 1962 onwards were the new Paxton. Forget Innovi's,

Then feed three YFA carbs with a T03-60 or TO4 blower with the right ar ratio to cope with a nice big duration, big lift cam.

It amazes me that in the first six months of I6 144/170 production, they had triple carbs, fuel injection, and triple carb supercharged strokers made, and we can't put a J tube and three carbs on a Industrial 200.

Over thinkin it!

CoupeBoy "accidentally" made the best trans adaptor, the best under sump turbo U piep, and guys keep finding junked swather engines with parts like everywhere, and Ford did the turbo carb thing back in 1979....just on the Wrong engine.

The six begs for the 1960 treatment. A small six has been wating 58 years for somebody to put a whistle on that tri-powered six, and be done with all that tryin'

See Ak Millers video. RIP RIPSpeed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztujox8fly0

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77062&p=606947#p606947

Then See viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76829&p=592164#p592164

You got some parts to get, and some planning to do

another $.02:

In developing a Forced Induction setup for my small block six avocation, I worked on using the Offy Tri-Power - three individual port - log manifold modification to the purpose of adding a compressor. It used a plenum on top of the manifold enabling tuning a single carburetor instead of much more complicated multi-carbs. Although it worked well in NA configuration, I turned towards more conventional/traditional FI mod of J-Piped draw-through turbo and then supercharger for easier ergonomics of fitting it all under the vehicles' hood. 'Maybe provide someone the motivation to continue this tri-port FI concept:

. . ..

HAve fun

FI alternate realities :

. .

Back