How much power can it handle?

How much can a 200 handle before the rods bend, crank cracks, bottom end falls apart? I'm running forged Pistons from je, Balanced bottom end, studded everything. Cast iron head. Water/meth kit. I'm currently running a 90-100ish shot of nitrous and the engine handles it effortlessly. I think it should be able to handle more without any problems. What do you think?

The weak link is the stock rods bending.
The short stroke crank has plenty of journal overlap making it fairly rigid.

I would not be afraid to use a 250 shot but you would need safeguards in place.
A 250 shot adds 250 ft lbs of torque at 5200 rpm but that equates to 500 ft lbs at 2600 rpm.

Knowing that Nitrous torque is inversely proportional to rpm it is best to keep the nitrous off till at least 3000 rpm with large nitrous shots.
If you haven't done so already, adding an MSD rpm window switch takes care of the concern.
The rpm window switch can also be set to turn the nitrous off before the engine rpm gets to the rev limiter.

It is also good to add a fuel pressure switch to turn the nitrous off if the fuel pressure gets too low.

The Wiring Diagram looks like this:

[image]https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0n8311c7zn449s/Nitrous%20Diagram%205%20resized.jpg?raw=1[/image]

A conservative timing retard is 2 degrees for every 50 hp nitrous shot.
What are you presently using?
Where does the converter stall at?

I currently run a 2800 stall converter, I have a window switch set to 2800 rpm and 6000 off. Full spool 3.40 gears and 6" wide tires. I just took it to the 8'th mile last night and it had no traction at all. I spun the wheels for about half of the track.

:shock: 6 inch tires! :unsure: Sounds like you need some wider tires 8 inch minimum. I used to run 10:50 x15 M&H slicks on my old 64 Ranchero. Good luck. (y) :nod:

Yeah, the tires are way too slim even with a full spool. I just can't figure out how to get anything larger in the wheel wells. I'm running a 5 lug Maverick 8". I might be able to step it up to 7" without moving the springs and tubbing it. This is in my 60 ranchero, not my 64.

:shock: oh yeah I forgot that your in the 60 Ranchero now! Well a 7 inch tire certainty help some. I had some GT wheels (Fairlane Torino) made wider and the wheel centers moved so I could fit wide tires on my 63 Fairline it had a 67 to 70 9 inch under it. Moving the rear springs inboard isn't too hard though, good luck (y) :nod:

My 64 Ranchero dead hooked and pulled the wheels on a 8" tire with way more power using nothing more than DR's and Dodge Super stock leaf springs with the spring clamps removed. What are you using for a tire?

Used a pair of N50 X 15 on the street and switched to a set of old M & H slicks (about 8 inch wide) on strip. :nod:

I found some really cheap brand new 2006 crown Victoria rims. Will they fit? I know that they have a 5x4.5 bolt pattern, 4.5 backspace, but the offset is kinda weird

I haven't tried to use the Crown Vic rims so not sure on the fit. :nod:

Back