2 step with nitrous

I'm about to upgrade my ignition to a programable msd 6 al2. It has a built in 2 step. I'm thinking of connecting it to my line lock switch and using a double throw relay to disengage the nitrous circuit while the line lock is on. I will have another switch connected to the line lock that will turn off the 2step for burning out. I'm thinking about setting the 2step rpm limit to 2000-2500rpm since my nitrous and water/meth kicks on at 2800rpm. I'm thinking that this will allow me to peg the gas to the floor and having the line lock hold the car till I let off the button. Does this sound safe?

You should launch off the foot brake so all four brakes are holding the car at the line to prevent creep.
You can try using the brake light switch to active the two step.

If the brake light switch has too slow of a response time then a switch can be installed at the brake pedal arm.
Use this Omron switch.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/32v634bu8ughz ... 3.JPG?dl=0

Do you take the falcon to irwindale. I havent been there in years. let me no if you ever go out there i would love to come watch you run.

I have taken it to irwindale a few times, but It has been a while. I'll probably take it after I get it tuned. I'll let you know when I go.

Cool thanks. I race at California speedway a lot really nowhere to go anymore. I will let you no when I go out there we have a small group of big block sixes.

Back