300 efi turbo header

Twinturbor

I'm considering tooling up to make up pipes for the efi 300's out there. I plan on making them for a t4 flange with external wastegate. If your interested. Let me know and if you want something different let me know so I can figure out what the demand is and see if its worth while making the fixtures. I have attached some pics of my setup so you have an idea of what I would be building

Attachments

• Message_1559441431124.jpg
    Message_1559441431124.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 199
  • 20190531_171835.jpg
    20190531_171835.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 200
  • 20190531_171812.jpg
    20190531_171812.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 201
  • 20181126_164303.jpg
    20181126_164303.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 200
  • 20181126_164246.jpg
    20181126_164246.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 197
I was looking into a similar setup, divided pipes into the flange and twin external wastegates. I’m using a tp38 from a first gen Powerstroke. It’s a counter rotation turbo I don’t know if that placement would work though.

I know its inconvenient but if you want to send your turbo and wastegate to me I would be willing to build the setup for you on my motor and ship it back to you. I just want to see more turbo 300's on the road.

Twinturbor":3akv23az said:
I know its inconvenient but if you want to send your turbo and wastegate to me I would be willing to build the setup for you on my motor and ship it back to you. I just want to see more turbo 300's on the road.

Would you be able to work from a picture? I could send a pic of the turbine housing so you can check orientation and beyond that it should be pretty straightforward. I’m still in the design/plan/parts gathering stage right now.

Where are you located? I’d rather not spend hundreds of dollars shipping heavy stuff around the country unnecessarily.

Send some pics of the turbo and let me know what the diameter of the compressor housing and I will see what I come up with. Also I will see if I can locate a flange for it as well

Twinturbor":pt9p3ara said:
Send some pics of the turbo and let me know what the diameter of the compressor housing and I will see what I come up with. Also I will see if I can locate a flange for it as well

I believe it’s a 60mm inducer and 88mm exducer, but i don’t know the housing dimensions. Unfortunately being a factory turbo I can only clock it with the bolt pattern, so it’s kinda limiting with orientation. I’ll try and get some pics later, it’s here at work with me so maybe during lunch. Even if you could provide a flange with the correct split inlet tubes I could probably fab the rest in the engine bay.

Looking good man! I’m curious as to your build specs. If you have them in another forum could you post the link? I have a 96 and am really considering a turbo setup as I do a lot of towing, more than a half ton should lol.

Loads never exceed 6500lbs but would love to haul it easier and quicker. I’m not sure how familiar you are with BC but the Zopkios (coquihalla pass) on highway 5 is a hill I frequent when going camping and fishing. I am usually hauling about 3500lbs and can’t run up any faster than about 70kmh. The hill is 18km long at an 8% grade.

That is an awesome set up by the way, looks terrific and I’m sure works awesome. If I turbo I would be doing something very similar as trying to fit a y-pipe in before the turbo is tough. Do you think a setup similar to yours would work in a 4x4?

Travis

Back