How much nitrous do you use with a supercharger.

dj65falcon

I need some opinions or advice. I have a 300 inline 6 with a Paxton supercharger. It produces 6 lb of boost. I have a hundred shot of nitrous I haven't used yet. One of my friends told me that a 100 shot is too much for my engine. Cause it's already producing a lot of pressure in the cylinders. I do have Ross forged pistons. Should I go with a smaller 75 hp shot?! Or should I keep it the way it is? Thanks for all your guys's help on this.

I'm assuming it is a plate system under the carb?

Is the regulator for the nitrous systems fuel pressure boost regulated?
If not the intake manifold pressure is the same or may exceed the fuel pressure and there will be no fuel flow which will damage the engine.

I don't see a problem with a 100 shot as long as you pull another 3 to 4 degrees of ignition timing out when the nitrous comes on.

Don't let the nitrous come on before 3500 rpm. You may bend the 240 rods.
Use an RPM window switch to prevent nitrous below 3500 and to cut it off at 6000 rpm.

Nitrious is a plate system. I have a fuel pressure regulator that's one to one for my supercharger. I assume that my regulator will give me more fuel when increasing. boost..I have on my plate is the nitrous solenoid and the fuel solenoid.so I shouldn't lean out the motor with the one-on-one fuel pressure regulator.

You should be ok as long as the fuel system can supply enough fuel for both the carb and the nitrous system.
The fuel pressure should not be allowed to fall bellow Boost + 6
Do you have a way to monitor the fuel pressure just to be sure?

djfalcon10":170q9qo8 said:
Yes I have the fuel pressure gauge mount on my hood so I can see at all times
Looks like you are good for the first test run.
Again don't let the nitrous on below 3500 rpm.
And retard an additional 4 degrees of ignition timing when the nitrous is activated.

What ignition system are you using?

Gotcha. I have a button on my shifter. I will push it when I am at 4,000 rpm to be safe. I have a msd 6al.

For the nitrous run you will want to set it at 26*.

If you run this car much on the street it would be nice to eventually have a system that has boost retard and nitrous retard.

Back