crossflow help needed! my dad is out of town.

G

i'm not very good when it comes to my crossflow. i don't know too much about it. i want to make the engine put out a good bit of horsepower, but i don't know where to get the parts. If any of you guys could help give me some good ideas on how to make my crossflow a pretty decent street machine it would be highly appreciated. remember to make it easy for me to understand, i'm still learning. :D

A bit more info would help is it a 250 or a 200 is it an alloy crossflow what year approx, what diff ratio, is it 4 speed manual or Auto.
If your dad is the original MustangSix wait until he gets back from out of town, you wont do better!

A turbo on propane seems to be pretty good for HP. But - any kind of turbo will get pretty hot in those early engine bays due to cramping. So you may be best looking at enhanced electronic controls of your motor (ie, maybe a different computer?) and a hotter cam. Email Crow to ask what EFI-compatible cam they think would work with a manual trans, for hot street performance.

I'd also go for roller rockers. There's a lot said each way about them, but you can't argue with reduced friction. Plus, opportunity to purchase at the right price is better where you are.

Beyond that, some paint and panel. It's well overdue. ;)

i'm thinking a turbo would be amazing. it's a 250.
but i was just trying to think of basic ideas.

btw, i believe my dad and i might have a spare 250 we might be trying to sell. i gotta double check with him. i think we have too many engines and not enough cars.

mustangsix2
"To many engines not enough cars" you say.
Keep them 250s as they will problably be worth gold one day.
If you reallly dont want them I suggest you cut them all into tiny half inch square pieces then put them in bags and bury them underground. If you wait long enough Archeologists will one day dig them up and put them all back together with special pins and mount them in a Museum where people just like you and me will go and pay lots of money to see them.

Cheers

When i get my crossflow together and get all the bugs worked out, I will be working on a mustangaroo style supercharger. PM me if you wanna share some more ideas. US crossflow guys like us are kinda rare.

Back