Need anything from OZ US guys????

A

Anonymous

PM me if there is anything you may need from OZ. I have talked with another US crossflow guy about doing a parts crate and splitting up the shipping cost. I am willing to set things up on the US end. Nothing huge though, thinking of things like valve covers, intakes fuel pumps maybe a bell or headers. Just no complete engines LOL

Lemme know

What about a few of those performance oilpans with the windage trays.
You know, the ones Mike sells but doesn't have. :unsure:

I need a few gaskets and odds and ends--how long do I have to put together a list? Can I PayPal to cover the costs?
Thanks!
Ben

You want to get a handle on bulkiness and costs. Oz Post isn't overly cheap.

FWIW, I have a ridgy-didge 2V that is supposed to be getting crated up and so forth for the East Coast, but no funds or further comment have been forthcoming lately. ;) If you waited a fortnight or so, there might be more info on that possible option.

Cheers, Adam.

I am just trying to see if there is enough interest to pull something like this off. This would be basically junkyard bits for us crossflow owners in the US.

Could a person get everything to build a carbed crossflow added to this crate? Head, int, headers, gaskets? If so, how much would it cost? I would have to depend on you to source everything and make sure it was everything I needed.

My freight consolidator charges a minimum of 2m³. That's a shade under 2 cubic yards. If you take less space, it doesn't get cheaper (well, it did last time but I refuse to bank on my chances of charming them consistently).

You need to subtract about 7 inches from the bottom for fork clearance, and about 4 inches from the sides and lid. That gives a functional volume. Maximum weight is equal to water volume. You'll always be under weight with car parts.

East Coast shipping is dearer than West - distance is the reason. Containers here tend to be ex Melbourne or Sydney but some from Brisbane and Cairns. You want to source everything in the same place. Posting a set of headers interstate here costs about $100! :shock:

Now it's starting to get clearer why guys like Ausheads and Mike ship in batches, eh? The container initial cost is high, but once stuffed to the gunwales with saleable goods, the unit freight amounts are much smaller, and there's your landed cost margin.

Let me know if you have any questions; 'll try to answer them with a straight bat.

Adam.

It cost me about $600 to get a set of 4 20" rims sent from California to Melbourne...if that can give you some kind of idea of the costs to do airfreight.

I need gaskets for my alloy Crossflow head. Preferably 2 each of head gaskets, intake manifold gaskets, exhaust header gaskets, and valve cover gaskets. Shoot me a ballpark figure. For the head gaskets, I'm looking for top quality only. The rest of the stuff need not be anything special.

I may also need a cam, but I'm still working on a local purchase for that.

Head gaskets only are about $35 each. A "head set" with manifold gaskets, is probably about $55. Rubber/wire VC gaskets a shade over $30 each but you should get a cork one with the head set.

Last Crow cam I bought was $270 or so.

Spyke,
I would like to pick up a C-4 bell to fit a x-flow 250 if we can fit it into the shipment schedule.
David in Dayton, TX USA

Dave, I'll pay for your C4 bellhousing. The amount of time its taken has been an age for me to get a registered car running with my AOD adaptor. I'm getting there, but still have some parts to get.

Mike, PM me the cost, and I'll send you a bank cheque.

Regards the XE distributor and air cleaner, I'm working on it.

Dean Stevenson

Is there a manifold available for 3 sidedraft Weber 2bbls?

Oh yeah...this is my first post! I finally have a project car! Woohoo! I've always loved cars but my rides have always been just transportation. I did have a Camaro way back when but it was a POS and I got rid of it real quick. My project car is a '29 Ford Tudor sedan. It's just a (metal) body and frame, but wow did I luck out by finding it. I'm getting an Aussie 250ci 6 for it. I love inlines and the Aussie is...well.....awesome. Crossflow head and no siamesed ports. The "waffle" valve cover has got to go but that's easy.

Lee Owens":3jnm5u7l said:
The "waffle" valve cover has got to go but that's easy.
If you are talking about the aluminum valve cover, don't trash it! They are quite desirable. I'm sure you will find someone who would be willing to trade you the steel cover for your aluminum one.

I dunno man. That thing looks pretty hideous to me. I was thinking of milling it smooth and having it engine-turned.

Make sure whoever is selling your motor to you, can GUARANTEE a delivery timeframe. There have been problems with vendors running slow, and also there are big issues with container freight in Australia right now (faulty national computer system).

Also purchase and ship everything you might need at once with the motor. Airfreight on odds and ends will bleed you otherwise...

Cheers, Adam.

Back