pre x-flow head studs wanted

gravelrash

hi all,
hoping someone may be able to help me. i am after a set of head studs for my turbo 250 2v. i want to do away with bolts and use studs instead.

Ive searched & contacted just about every performance place I can find here with no luck. I ended up ordering mine from Classic Inlines. The way the $$ is at the moment the price is pretty good. Im sure the studs are the same as something else but no one seems to care about a ford 6.

The exchange rate between AU and US dollars is a little bit better for you than it has been.

Your right redxm, high performance vendors don't care about our Ford sixes so they're not going
to take the time to put things together for us.

redxm":1k77j80s said:
Ive searched & contacted just about every performance place I can find here with no luck. I ended up ordering mine from Classic Inlines. The way the $$ is at the moment the price is pretty good. Im sure the studs are the same as something else but no one seems to care about a ford 6.

thats the problem, i cant seem to get a email reply. tried buying some a few years back when i started this thread.

I hope it's not a really silly suggestion.... What about making some? You should be able to buy grade 8 high-tensile threaded rod in the right size and then cut it up. Would that be strong enough?

Hey,
I recently finished building a 250 2v and used 3 packets of 302 main studs and that was enough to do my head studs and mains as well, the ones i used are arp 154-5401
cheers
Brendan

Hey Greg,
You will need 14 for the mains and 14 for the head.
So if the picture on that add is correct you should get away with 2 packs for your head,
I didnt have to modify anything,
if you want to use those ones off ebay, see if you can get some measurements lik length of stud and length of thread on each end first and i will measure a spare I have here if you want.
100_1781-1.jpg

100_1797.jpg

Hope these pics work first time ive ever tried :D
cheers
Brendan

wagon":2vawmstm said:
I hope it's not a really silly suggestion.... What about making some? You should be able to buy grade 8 high-tensile threaded rod in the right size and then cut it up. Would that be strong enough?

i had made some already but this head has been on and off this engine so many times the threads had stretched.

64xm":23p22igy said:
Hey Greg,
You will need 14 for the mains and 14 for the head.
So if the picture on that add is correct you should get away with 2 packs for your head,
I didnt have to modify anything,
if you want to use those ones off ebay, see if you can get some measurements lik length of stud and length of thread on each end first and i will measure a spare I have here if you want.
100_1781-1.jpg

100_1797.jpg

Hope these pics work first time ive ever tried :D
cheers
Brendan

Brendan,
thanks for the info mate. i have ordered 2 sets of those studs. what tension have you tightened yours too?

Cheers Greg

Back