Blow through 34adm weber?

fordmuscle83

Im very impressed with the turbo logs from the americans on this site and im wondering if its been done in Oz with the weber (can it be built to handle boost?), stock intake, stock head and stock exhaust manifold with adapter?

Ive been searching ebay for turbos and the prices are much lower than i expected. What turbo is suited to our 4.1 reving to a max of about 4000rpm.

The t3/t4 hybred would spool nice a quick with good hp wouldnt it?

I might start collecting parts :)

my mate has a 34adm weber off an xe on his vw turbo dune buggy. the weber was perfectly suited because webers already have their throttle shafts from the factory. he uses a ford transit van turbo (KKK) , rx7 intercooler, and the 34adm weber.

there was a pre x-flow 200 motor with blow thru turbo setup with a weber on ebay a couple weeks ago... went for 500 ish.... I was sorely tempted, but had no way of picking it up. had a Ray Jay turbo as I recall, but had been cooked on it's first run and came in pieces with new rings. maybe new bearings?

yeah i saw that, i see your in toowoomba mate. i`m in Dalby, you going to Automania? i am going to take my 250 2v turbo XP Falcon in for a drive. Dark blue with Weld wheels if you see it.

what have you got done to your 2v in the XW?

Yeah, I was thinking to myself that a 2V would have to be easier to turbo than a standard head and with better performance to boot. What sort of turbo have you got on there and how does she go? Must be pretty unreal in an XP! My motor's pretty mild...just got 10 thou under big ends, 20 thou over xf unleaded pistons, double row timing chain, new Crow Cam part 2666, new oil pump. Head's pretty standard. I'm currently in the process of putting it and a T5 in in place of the old 221/bw35 combo, and I've already added a ZJ fairlane 8 3/4 disc LSD with 2.92:1 gears, as opposed to the god awful 3.5:1's they all seemed to come with and disc brake front end. *hopefully* I'll be finished and able to give her a run tomorrow....but probably not, cause after I get her all nestled in there I have to make up a linkage for the XE weber I've got on her and then hope that the tailshaft I have is short enough to fit up... if not I'll have to wait till Monday to get to a wreckers or send my shaft away to be shortened.... Bloody fun and games with conversions. So, I may see you out there, if you're there on Sunday.... but more than likely I'll be fiddling around with something or other and cursing at everything else.

i have a holset h1c turbo off a cummins truck engine on it. external wastegate set to 12psi (i have seen 22psi) and a 600dpholley. i also used xf unleaded pistons as they have the biggest dish (27cc) to drop compression. i will be at Automania about 12 - 12.30pm. blue xp sedan rego YSO10.

is the 250 2v a crossflow? iam putting a crossflow 200 in an xp. i would like to supercharge it, except its very tight, so iam probably going to turbo it. what setup do you have in your xp?

no the 2v is not a crossflow. it has a seperate alloy intake manifold BUT the intake & exhaust is on the same side of the cylinder head unlike crossflows where the intake is on one side and the exhaust manifold is on the other, hence the name crossflow.
i have in my xp a 2v engine but i made up a turbo kit for it.

Back