Cold air ideas?

fordmuscle83

100_1225.jpg

100_1224.jpg

newclearlights.jpg

Any ideas on how to make this setup better?

Im thinking offset lowrise hornet and a sealed box with foam that crushes either side to seal it.

What happens if it rains though? Plug it and have somewhere inside where dry air is drawn from the engine bay?

Also where i want it to go is a structral part of the bonnet, this would need to be cut, it that able to be done and then do i need it inspected?

Just added a pic of the rear with new rear lights.

Maybe an xe or xf efi aircleaner assembly with a gutted airflow meter?? Would bolt straight in and it has a cold air intake behind the headlight. I reckon the pod gets LOTS of hot air at the moment!

So no-one will laugh too much, get two XA Falcon GT NACA ducts from Ford GT parts, and run them on each side of the bonnet. Then add a PCV union from Speco Thomas, and let the water drain out of the old PVC air box. Pontiac Firebirds did that.

Then there will be no problems with under bonnet heat, and no-one will notice the mods until the walk past your car.

The pod goes so much better than stock setup without filter proven by a stop and then hill climb near my house in which it would get to 50 and slow down now it gets to 60 and increases slightly...or i can hold 1st manually and get up much quicker.

I wouldnt mind putting a lid on it where it is but the piping would fowl on the battery.

I dont really understand your idea xecute, where is the cold air coming from? There isnt much room around the engine bay.

For position,
xa1973.gif

Just bring up a PVC or metal box around the existing air pod base, and seal it to the hood using rear truck seal. The battery, the bonnet, the bracing, the existing grove in the hood can stay. If water runs in, pipe it out using a drain, and dump it below the exhast header.

Here are the examples of cars like the Jarama and Espada, which have theres mounted way out for the six DCOE carbs they ran.

http://www.lambocars.com/hr/event/viva059.jpg

espada251.jpg

http://www.shmoo.com/~bmc/photos/Cars/R ... 17.med.jpg

The reason I suggested an efi airbox was after idling or slow driving things will be getting very hot under that bonnet - so keeping the hot air out would be my priority! Those ideas from Xtaxi sound good, too.

Kendall.

Just remembered the XF GT thingy street machine were giving away with the slot in the front of the bonnet. That could work nice.

move the batery , anything else will be a similar cost and the rusullts aren't there,

particularly with gas, the colder the better,

relocate battery , cut 3 inch hole in the inner guard, run a 3inch pipe from mixer through guard , pod is under the guard, then under the guard you can box the filter of any way you like just leave an opening forward facing , if you want to go nuts make a hole in your bumper right before the air box

on second look you could keep te battery were it is and cut the holebelow it,,,, it would be ia bit tighter though

hey
easyest way go accros the engine and inbehind the l/h head light.
best way get rid of that crapy injected manifold put a cain/redline 4bbl on it run it in behind l/h head light make a sealed box to get in there which the pod sits in and use heat reflect tape along all the pipeing and the box to prevent radiator heat it up as well.
if keep it the way you have put lots of heat replective tape on the condensor thats right above the exhaust manifold and heat wrap that cover as well.
mark

Back