Need to know average price for a C-4 bell

G

Need an average resale price for a used crossflow C4 cast iron bellhousing. I found a bellhousing about 4 hours drive time away from me in the US. Neither the seller nor I know what it is worth. Can anyone help us out with pricing it fairly.
David in Dayton, TX USA

I could sell you one for about $30 Australian but it would cost nearly ten times that shipped. It's got to be pretty rare (read- rocking horse sh it) over there so fairness won't even come into it. Factoring in your drive time, fuel, and other associated expenses, I think you should offer him 25 bucks and see what happens.

Gary, you've got me tempted! :eek:

My personal opinion is that any Aussie bell in the US EXCEPT the BW35 is worth over USD$100; a lot more for some models. None of these are (comparatively) common as bellhousings in the US, many are more advantageous fittings.

Sandwich plate and dust cover I reckon are worth USD$40/set.

Come on Adam, you know I purposely deflated the price because I knew I didn't have a sale ;)
And rocking horse-**** doesn't sound like it should when mixed with shit does it?

O.K. Gary & Adam don't go fighting over this one
The selling party stanger53 also reads this forums posts. I think Adam is closer to the value of this bell seeing that is already here in the US. The C4 bells for the Aussie block are as rare as hens teeth over here. I have a BW35 and a manual bell to suit a ??? already in my possesion. I would throw the BW autobox in there if I could find one. I don't think they were ever used in the US behind a Ford engine. Maybe I can bolt my spare Jaguar BW66 to the back end of my x-flow 250.
David
[/img]

BW35 box is the same as XJ series I and II from memory. Also some Nissans, Peugeot 504 and Triumph Stag, too. What about bolting a C4 to the BW35 bell?

I thought they used the BW65 in the SI and SII Jags, but I could be wrong. Maybe the 65 is just a heavy duty version of the 35 to carry the weight of the lead sled Jaguar body. I don't have a C-4 bell and case laying around out of the vehicle to check measurements, but you may be on to something there with your suggestion of mating the C4 with the BW bell. Possibly even mating the AOD to the BW bell. The AOD out of an early 90's truck with Deano's SBF adaptor was my original plan.
David

Back