AU XR6??

I can't rember the excact figures but there were 2 tunes of XR6 in the AU I,II and III's. The base one was around 217 hp DIN net, while the Intec VCT had 235 hp. Problem was, the IRS used on the VCT HP XR6 weighed over 50 kg's extra, and barely compensated for the extra urge of the variable cam set up. Slowest combo would have been an IRS auto with 217 hp six.

There is plenty that can be done to hot the thing up though, without compormising streetablity.

The AU XR6 utes have the same power as the XR6 sedans.
So the standard AU XR6 ute is 164kw and the AU XR6 VCT ute is 172kw afaik.

XECUTE":3ioo2hss said:
... Problem was, the IRS used on the VCT HP XR6 weighed over 50 kg's extra, and barely compensated for the extra urge of the variable cam set up.
Yes, the extra weight of the IRS was an issue with the XR6 VCT sedans vs the XR6 HP sedans. In the utes, the same problem shouldn't apply because even the XR6 VCT utes don't get the IRS setup like the sedans have, they use the leaf springs like the standard XR6 utes.

cheers for that info fellas.... but..... the XR6 fell thru...... so instead he officially owns a AU XR8 ute 99' series1 5 speed man, and black......... DAMN ITS NICE..... just saw it then, and i must say that i have gone past being green with envy!!!!! im at what ever comes after that!! lol

anyone know the specs on this one??

cheers-
-matt-

Hey, any one with an old clunker V8 can become a resident of this website if they can prove it's only firing on 6 cylinders! Bring it to me, and I'll ensure the other 6 cyliners can :eek: line up. Theres a 60 tonne press in my companies storeroom!

mattXF":22k71igw said:
anyone know the specs on this one??
185kw, 412nm torque, same deal with suspension as the xr6 utes, 3:45 diff with lsd (afaik).

Back