source for pistons state side?

so I have this 200 xflow motor sitting here. it needs rebuilt (has no pistons, bearings, cam) and I was looking at maybe just a mild refresh for it state side. will a flattop US piston work ok in it?

i think they should be ok but you'll need the us 250 ones not sure with your 200 as different blocks

No they wont work. Been down that road. I have an idea though...PM sent

talk to Spyke, he's da man!

(Its the chamber volume that's wrong, not the piston size or other details.

The stock Aussie 3.3 needs 15.5 cc to give a 9.3:1 compression, and has a 1.530" deck.

The rare as hens teeth California spec 12 cc 200 pisiton dating back to 1966 was a good option, but you can't get it.

The replacement 200 has a 1.5" deck, and 6.5 cc chamber.
The HSC 2.3 or 255 V8 is 0 cc, or near to, 1.500".

The Aussie pistons range from 15.5 to 27.9 cc, and there is no US piston that size unless you go the the Chevy 229 or 305 piston, still in forged for a limited time only. You then have to fiddle with the 12.1 cc chamber. That that requires a 56 thou over bore, 15 thou hone for the bigger Chevy gudgeon, and carefull checking that the stock 1.531" deck isn't gonna hit the chamber. Oh, and the pistons chambers are handed, and some 229 ones have a gudgeon pin offset for the weird crank the Chevy V6 had).

Back