2V manifold gasket issues

71ford

Hey all, I have some problems with continually blowing manifold gaskets. Bother the head have been machined and i am using the 2v manifold which comes in the kit with the exhaust manifold from ACL.

My question is whether there is another brand or type of 2v manifold I can use or even use 2 of them?

Thanks

So the intake manifold gasket sucks inwards between five and six runners?

more that it can blow out the gasket I think, or at least there may be a small section of it missing. Last time it happened I was having the head removed so I didn't have a look at the gasket when it was removed. When the gasket blows or is on the way out it makes a whistling noise and if I locate the hole I can stop it with my finger along the gasket.

I'm no mechanic, but this is what appears to happen.

Unless you're using forced induction that gasket is under suction - not pressure - so it is failing inwards.

Have you tried a coat of Permatex #3 to both sides of the gasket?

Also worth checking, is that your fasteners are not stripped or bottoming out.

Good stuff, I'll give that a try.

A previous time when the gasket blew the was a chunk of it (quite small) hanging out, and I was able to push it back it. So beats me.

which gasket is blowing out?is it the intake or exhaust?genuine ford 250 2v intake gaskets are 5 times as thick as other gaskets i know how good they are so i bought the last 7 sets from ford around 10 years ago,now there obsolite.

never seen 1 blow out the intake gasket before.is the motor backfiring throught the carb?is the motor pre ignitioning?

Back