Hardened Distributor Gear From Crow Cams

wsa111

Distributor Recurving.
Staff member
VIP
Approved Vendor
Supporter 2018
Need some help guys, what crow gear do you use for a USA duraspark distributor??
Has that ended gear wear??
Adam i know you posted this before on the crow gears, but are they better than the NAPA,GP Sorensen replacements we have in this country.
You fellows have more six cylinder users than we have & from what i've seen your development over there is light years ahead of us.
Thanks Bill

DG2 Steel distributor gear suit 0.49" shaft our later electronic dizzy
DG2A Steel dist. gear suit Points Ign. 0.53" shaft our earlyer points dizzy may work with yours

I had problems with my dist gear about 500 miles after my motor was put together, used the Crow cams gear and no problems since ! I wouldn't use anything but the Crow.

I have sent 3 emails on the hardened dizzy gear for the usa dizzy .530" shaft diameter.

Do all the people at crow cams have a new york attitude or whats the deal????

Mike at classic inclines ordered 10 hardened gears from crow.

But does anyone know someone in the crow company to find out the hardness of their gear as far as rockwell C scale hardness test.

Really would like to know??? Thanks guys, you may need a favor from the usa sometime. Bill

Finally got in touch with crow cams & ordered several gears.

Martin & Ray were very helpful & Wendy took my order in a matter of minuites.

I will be glad to end the dizzy gear wear problem for good.

Their gears are 45 on the RC scale.

Thanks to you fellows down under, quality products again from Australia.

The junk for sale in the USA is in the area of 26 RC hardness, no wonder we have problems since the camshafts are 42 RC. Thanks Bill

Do you know if they shipped it last Friday? I'm hoping so.

Also - you will be getting a HRC test on it just for grins, right?

Adam, i hoped they had a chance to ship the gears prior to there 2 week christmas break.
Thanks again to you on the lesson on time difference.
You were right Ray seems to make it comlicated where Martin was straight forward & Wendy took all the credit card info like super quick.
The accent was like talking to my distant relitives in england but with a heaver accent. I'm sure these gears @ 45 RC will do the job. V/R Bill

Back