Aussie 6 Engine ID and Parts

Hi, 1st time on the forum. I have an Aussie 250-6 (I think) with Aluminum cross-flow head (carbed). I have an engine casting number of BODA-6015-AC (or AO or AG, Not quite sure on the last letter). I am struggling finding how to define the code. American codes are easy. If anyone has some info on where to go to find this, I'd sure appreciate it.

Also, is there somewhere in the states to buy Aussie parts? Like gaskets, crank bearings, etc?

Thank You,
Michael Lee (Klipsan)

That took some thinking! The block code is actually 80DA-6015...

It's a 1980 first generation alloy head with 1V carb. I think OzHemi had a spare gasket set sitting in Gardena, for these. Also, pretty sure I could snag an aftermarket 2V manifold to suit (Cain brand) quite cheap. There's one outdoors in a junkyard I visit often enough.

Crank bearings can be bought over the 'phone; delivery should be less than eight days if you're within the 48 contiguous states. Try these characters: https://www.americanautos.com.au/secure.html - I don't recommend Email or fax orders until you have a "feel" for dealing with Australians.

What trans are you putting with it? OzHemi might have a spare bellhousing, too...

Well, the mystery deepens. The head and block came separate. The head came with a two barrel Webber (in serious need of rebuild). Not sure that I'll stay with that.

The numbers I found on the head are C2 on the Intake side, 95ZB on the Front, and HF-9 on the inside.

The Intake Manifold has 84DA-9425-AB (Two Barrel)

The Exhaust Manifold has 82DA-9430-AB

I stripped the head today to have it rebuilt. We have a C-4 trans/bellhousing and are going to put this package in a 1961 Comet, my wife's. She didn't want something TOTALLY lame.

The car has been waiting for TLC for a year and a half, the motor for 8 months. Time to make it happen. Aussie 6-250 knowledge, lingo, parts, and a good manual ae just a few of the challenges I see before me.

Thank the Blue Ovals of the World for Forums as this!

Thank You, addo.

OK, the head is a later one (1982, probably). They're totally compatible. It possibly doesn't have injector notches on the inlet ports.

These motors are not renowned for economy, but overfuelling doesn't jump the power up a whole lot either.

I'm in Garden Grove, not Gardena actually :LOL:

The only gasket set I have left is an XC one, so too early perhaps ?

Hi OzHemi,
I need to learn the lingo of the XC, XD, XE, etc., and what it means. Is there a manual or website that can help with this? I keep looking. Maybe I'm dorking on this somehow.

I am truely a babe in the woods when it comes to "Aussie Speak". I do not know if the gasket set would work or not.

I am also going to rebuild the main motor. Pistons, rings, cam, all bearings, etc.

Engine Block
80DA-6015-AC (or AO, AG)
JH63YE62915C

Head
Inside HF-9, Intake Side C2, Front 95ZB

Intake Manifold
84DA-9425-AB

Exhaust Manifold
82DA-9430-AB

Carburator
Webber (2 Barrel)

Garden Grove? Cool! I was raised in Whittier and Diamond Bar through '77, my wife in Long Beach. Live in the "Ever Gray" State of Washington now. I miss the weather.

What might the Injector Notches on the Inlet Ports look like? Would it be helpful to post a picure of this head? Can I?

Thank You.

also look at this site - aust XD,XE,XF forums which all used the crossflow six ( as well as 302 and 351 clevelands :D - but thats not for us six lovers)

http://www.xfords.com/

brett
melbourne

I got a good stockpile of parts with the spares being freed up in the coming year.

If you are needing to order rebuild bits let me know and maybe we can split some freight charges.

Back