4bbl for blow through turbo 250 XFlow

ok so I do happen to have a Cain 4bbl intake for a 250 XFlow. I think I might end up doing a quick blow through turbo setup and was wondering if I could get by on a 650cfm carb? I have also been thinking of a 525 road demon ....

think these might be too big for a fairly stock 250 on boost?

looking to put about 12 psi to it.

250's take big carby's really well gotta love that long ass stroke.
in my experience and what ive seen blow through setup's dont work.
id go mega squirt or run lpg/propane.

I was running a blow thru on my 200 just fine.

MS is the plan down the road but figured if I could toss a carb on it real quick then why not (lots of wiring needed for the EFI right now)

if you have a system that works just use that with boost a 1bbl stromberg whould be fine on stocky

what do you say Will?

525 or 650 too much carb for a mostly stock 250 running a 57 trim hybrid on 10-12 psi?

the XFlow prob has pretty close to the same VE I would think as Mikes head. (IE way better than a log head on a 250)

lyonsy":1uueor0o said:
250's take big carby's really well gotta love that long ass stroke.
in my experience and what ive seen blow through setup's dont work.
id go mega squirt or run lpg/propane.

you dont get out much mate. tell Does10`s, me, kirkallen and all the guys at turbomustangs.com blow thrus dont work. you may get shot down pretty quick.

XFlow_Fairlane":1a2m3kos said:
what do you say Will?

525 or 650 too much carb for a mostly stock 250 running a 57 trim hybrid on 10-12 psi?

the XFlow prob has pretty close to the same VE I would think as Mikes head. (IE way better than a log head on a 250)

I've tired a Double Pump 600 on Kelly's car and it'll work. I say that becuase we were having issues with the old cam and just couldn't get it to work with our setup. So we left in the 450 and that helped.
The next build it's getting the 600.

As a general statement a smaller carb will work better on a blow-thru application and will have better "off boost" driveablility.
A big carb may have off idle issues, but should work just fine once you come up on boost.

Later,
Will

I have been looking at the 525 road demon carbs.

I already got some holley tuning bits laying around which will help. I figured since the BG cabrs have threaded airbleeds I could get into more tuning of the cabr later on if I wanted.

are teh BG carbs working out ok for blow thru guys?

8)

I would stay around the 600cfm Holley just for the ease of getting parts to convert it to blow through. Solid floats are available all day long and certain unnamed forum members have lots of experience Im sure they would be willing to share with you if you asked nicely.

IIRC starting in 1978 EPA law required internal venting to reduce gas fumes

Back