XFlow EFI pinouts?

well I have a complete XFlow harness but was wondering what the pinouts were on it?

I wanted to trim off the excess if there is any and find where I can get power to things at.

It's pretty unlikely you'll find any 'spare' wires in the harness. Do you have an unleaded or leaded harness / ecu? What is the ecu part number? An easy way to tell which harness you have.. does it have a knock sensor? Only the unleaded motors had a knock sensor - and it goes into the top of the exhaust side headbolt at #1cyl.

Let me know and I will dig. If you PM me a fax number I'll fax it to you.

I was not aware you guys had some many variations.

Motor and harness is currently 400 miles away in my storage waiting to get moved to the new house.

I should have it in a couple weeks i think.

There are 3 efi crossflow variants, as follows :

XE falcon, fuel only, bosch LE Jetronic - has 25 pin ecu connector.
XF falcon - leaded petrol - EEC-IV - auto and manual- 60 pin connector.
XF falcon - unleaded petrol - EEC-IV - auto and manual - 60 pin connector.

When you get the stuff PM me with a fax number and I'll fax you some information.

well I only have EEC4 stuff so that rules out the jetronic.

I have two loose ECU's here right now a JA and WA1. I know my other is for an automatic trans

this is the EFI motor I have.

xflowintake.jpg

looks like a knock sensor on the front headbolt to me.

are these ECU's swappable? Just wondering incase I put a Megasquirt in it and gut a spare ECU so it is hotswappable.

XFlow_Fairlane":3at5qvrv said:
well I only have EEC4 stuff so that rules out the jetronic.

I have two loose ECU's here right now a JA and WA1. I know my other is for an automatic trans this is the EFI motor I have.

looks like a knock sensor on the front headbolt to me.

are these ECU's swappable? Just wondering incase I put a Megasquirt in it and gut a spare ECU so it is hotswappable.

Check carefully your wiring harnesse(s). The one with the knock sensor connector is the unleaded harness. Use the WA1 ecu with the unleaded harness. The JA ecu is an older, leaded petrol model. It will not work with the unleaded wiring harness, although it will plug in. (Actually, the motor would run, but it would run like rubbish).

So, the JA is for 1984-1985 LEADED motors (no knock sensor)
and
WA1 is for 1986-1988 UNLEADED motors (with knock sensor).

The unleaded system is a later incarnation of EEC4 and is slightly better internally. The motors are largely the same although I think the injectors and slightly different in flow rate. If you are planning on going the megasquirt route I can give you some base maps and such - my motor uses the standard efi stuff except I don't use the distributor anymore - I use EDIS now.

that would be perfect ( I have a 36-1 to get on the motor and a dummy plug for the dissy)

well I guess in that case I will sacrifice the JA ecu for the MS box.

XFlow_Fairlane":1lxxx16x said:
that would be perfect ( I have a 36-1 to get on the motor and a dummy plug for the dissy)

well I guess in that case I will sacrifice the JA ecu for the MS box.

Don't bother cutting up the JA ecu.. some of it's pins are missing! I would get another ecu (eg mustang, F truck, etc.) and butcher that - they often have all 60 pins. To fit EDIS it's not quite as simple as you think - you will need to get a laser cut trigger wheel, the MS box, etc. and set it up. I would get it running with the dissy first.

well I have the EFI motor as pictured with the harness, ecu, air meter and even the airbox. Iwould just oging to put that in as is for now.

i have a beat 200 core motor I am using for mock up right now and a tired 250 carbed motor. I was planning on using them to make a bilt motor (forged pistons, fesh bore, custom accessory brackets, the turbo , etc)

I found this little 5gal EFI fuel tank on ebay a couple years ago so I am going to setup a test stand to play around with motors out of the car.

well I moved my EFI motor down from IL today.

took a few minutes to remove the extra heater hoses, vac lines, cables, etc from it (that were cut when it was removed) trying to get it desmogged mostly so I can clena up what I have to install. going to try and get it on a stand later this week so maybe I can wire it up and fire it up if I get bored.

guess it is time I followed this up...

I have a spare WA1 ECU so I was thinking of gutting it for a megasquirt box. I still need the pinout info for the ecu though (since it seems to use about all 60 pins) I still need to get some power to this thing and woul dlike to fire it up on the skid i have it mounted to so I cna check oil pressure and such on it. hoping to be dropping the motor in this winter (need to finish some engine bay repairs and fab some little things up) might make a test fit with it this fall to make sure it will clear my brake booster.

Righto mate... I'll dig up my info this week. I'll need a shovel!

(I've done the same as you are contemplating)

Well I found a couple wiring diagrams online but they seem to be for a leaded motor (use roughly 30 pins and are batch fire not SEFI) so I guess my seach continues. maybe I will do a quick and dirty repin and use the leaded ECU I have.

I have to move my workshop so it's likely I'll find the book with the info in the tidy-up process. Here's hoping...

EDIT: If needed I can go up to the library here, photocopy the page(s) you need and post them to you. PM me if that helps.

wow digging up the old stuff!!!

Figured I should update:

Built a MegaSquirt 3x for this swap (using a 36-1 on the crank and a cam sensor with GM coils)

I also have a FAST XFI box I picked up for my S10 that might end up on this too

Been working out of state for the last year and still have another 2 years on this project.....car pretty much hasn't been worked on in that year.

Back