To everyone in australia and a question.

A

Anonymous

i'm part of a club that chats on mirc on the aus net server and just a shout to everyone into fords to drop by and say hello the channel is called #alltoughfords and the website of that club is http://alltoughfords.zapto.org and here is the question, i was wondering if a xr8 t5 gearbox could be put to a xe 250 x flow and if it can then would it be better then a stock 4 speed.

Thanks for your time.

Yeah, that should be ok.

The last few of the manual XF's were actually fitted with the T5. This is because they were just getting ready for the EA (project codename POS) and the EA used the T5.

So in short, yeah, pretty straight swap. And the T5 is heaps better than the BW-0503.

-Dylan

EDIT: Didn't see that you wanted one of an XR8. Not to sure what the bell housing looks like on those trannys, probable better off getting one off a ford six, so that it will be a straight swap (it's the same trans).

Dylan's been misinformed about the EA Falcon.. it was called EA77.

You'll need a bellhousing from a crossflow to put a T-5 into the XE. I dont know about the pilot shaft lengths, it'll probably be beneficial to speak to a gearbox shop beforehand.

The Borg-Warner 503 is stronger than the T5, however, it doesn't have the overdrive. The T5 has a nicer 1st gear ratio though, it'll help with traffic light drags, if you're into that sorta thing. If you're looking for good punch off the line, see if you can locate an XF EFI 5 speed box, the sort with the 3.50:1 1st gear ratio. They're pretty weak though, if you like to give it heaps, dont expect it to last long..

discokin6":2q5km4lc said:
Dylan's been misinformed about the EA Falcon.. it was called EA77.

POS, meaning Piece Of Shit, which is exactly what it was (still is)->it's a joke, who knows what it really was

Beg to differ, dudes. EA 26 was the code name. Stood for Etreamly Awfull 26 (weeks before head gasket blows again).

My next door neighbour sold his Honda Civic for one of these. He must be on something the Minister of Finance DOESN'T know about to afford one of these numbers!

At least they look cool when slammed 2 inches, fitted with wides, some could seat six, and the faults are easily rectified.

(You start at the front bumper and re-assemble every thing untill you get to the back number plate.)

My mate offered me one EA last week, on propane, 400,000 km, EB 4.0 donk, 15X8's...$1500 kiwi bucks. Wasn't interested.

lol, a wise choice.

Actually the EB's were not to bad. Not to sure if its really worth trading the pure apeal of the XD/XE/XF's for one though...heh heh heh (yes I know an evil smiley would suit, but I have made a stand.....lol).

-Dylan

XECUTE":1zby4b7d said:
My mate offered me one EA last week, on propane, 400,000 km, EB 4.0 donk, 15X8's...$1500 kiwi bucks. Wasn't interested.
I can beat that:

My neighbour's pushed his dual-fuel EA onto the street for the council to crush. Minimal rust/damage - was stolen once so locks are shot. Yep, head gasket blew again. He's had enough of it; back to his VH SL/E with fartpacks.

Cheers, Adam.

hey mate, a T5 doesnt fit into easy, u do need a bell housing off an XF 5spd and the box is shit, i blew one up, peronally ive gone back to a BW 51 3psd, i think that they are fitted to EA's, Its a cheaper wayif u dont wanna fit a C4, it can cope regardless of what people say, my ute runs low 13's with it so far and it cops a hammering

Back