XFLOW/OHC EFI Manifold questions

Greywolf

VIP
I'm just curious about some manifolds.

The XFlow EFI manifold as fitted to the alloy headed 250 has the "over top" plenum with 6 individual runners. At the head end of each runner, there is a separate piece holding the injector. Is this intake the only style used for the multipoint injected XFlows?

I'm not familiar with the OHC intake designs aside from vague pictures mounted on engines. They look to be cast together, unlike the individual bolt-on runners of the XFlow. Is this true of most OHC multipoint intakes?

Are the ports on the OHC similar in size and spacing to the XFlow manifold? Is it possible that they might physically interchange?

I guess the more info the merrier, so please feel free (encouraged?) to post pictures and ramble. If we were in a bar I'd be buying and listening.

Ben

Greywolf":d6x3y3vo said:
I'm just curious about some manifolds.

The XFlow EFI manifold as fitted to the alloy headed 250 has the "over top" plenum with 6 individual runners. At the head end of each runner, there is a separate piece holding the injector. Is this intake the only style used for the multipoint injected XFlows?
Yes. The efi crossflow manifold is 8 piece - one piece for the injectors, a plenum chamber & six 'banana' runners.
I'm not familiar with the OHC intake designs aside from vague pictures mounted on engines. They look to be cast together, unlike the individual bolt-on runners of the XFlow. Is this true of most OHC multipoint intakes?
Yes. The earlier EA-ED intakes were one-piece. The EF-AU intakes had the 'broadband' arrangement built in which made them a little more complicated.
Are the ports on the OHC similar in size and spacing to the XFlow manifold? Is it possible that they might physically interchange?

I guess the more info the merrier, so please feel free (encouraged?) to post pictures and ramble. If we were in a bar I'd be buying and listening.

Ben
The crossflow and efi manifold spacings and such are most likely similar but they are probably different enough to be a pain.

I hope I helped a bit.

Wagon.

ben if you are looking for a lower intake to clear a hood or a strut tower the stock XFLOW intake is a good start. since the injector bosses are on that spacer a fabbed intake can be made much easier (no machining for injectors or making a fuel rail) you could also set it up to take a 5.0L or similar throttle body!! this is the route I am taking when I build up my spare motor (megasquirt and coilpacks)

XFlow_Fairlane":1ezloqs3 said:
ben if you are looking for a lower intake to clear a hood or a strut tower the stock XFLOW intake is a good start. since the injector bosses are on that spacer a fabbed intake can be made much easier (no machining for injectors or making a fuel rail) you could also set it up to take a 5.0L or similar throttle body!! this is the route I am taking when I build up my spare motor (megasquirt and coilpacks)

You've pretty much read my mind. Although I've got a few more plans for the intake setup as well.
I also will be using Megasquirt and EDIS for fuel and spark.
Ben

If any of you need to make a trigger wheel (36-1) I have a AutoCAD pattern that is just the right size for the front of a 250 crossflow power steering pulley. PM me your email and I'll send it to you.

Wagon.

I am working on having the balancer rebuilt with a inertia ring off a 4.0L OHC V6 pulley and having my teeth machined into that. (going to a flat belt in the process)

Back