Imformation wanted on newly aquired 250 xflow?

papawfalcon

I reacently got a 250 xflow and C-4 from Xflow_Fairlane.Great motor.(Thanks Nick)From what I can tell it is a july 1985 XF? The block reads JG23FA 20290C.I know the horse power changes with everything that is done' But if possible I would like to know what stock HP is.(I don't know how to convert imformation). And is there a site that has this imformation listed.Maybe a conversion chart.It's in my '62 RANCHERO. Thanks Ken N.Yes I have spring Fever.GOT TO TRY IT ON THE DRAG STRIP.

hi, you have a good x-flow there.. it should have a C1 or C1A stamped on the head between the #1 and #2 inlet ports.. these have a 49-50cc chamber and are the best of all the x-flow heads.. dont worry if you see cracks between the inlet and exhaust seats as they all do it but dont leak.. your pistons will have a 15cc dish to give 9.35:1 comp..
it was rated from factory with 105kw at about 3800rpm and 316Nm at about 2600rpm.. so its about 140hp stock... i have built a 365hp N/A x-flow with this head and i they are the best.. cheers

Thank you! thank you! Thank you! Ken N I am having a problem hooking up the hoeses on the intake for the water there is like four places to hook a hose to and then probably to the heater.Can you explain the way they go or a picture? Thanks for any and all help. Ken N.

hi, the top outlet at the front of the head goes to the front inlet on the inlet manifold. the bottom outlet on the side of the head goes to a t-peice at the rear of the inlet manifold, then to the heater core and the outlet on the water pump goes straight to the heater core... cheers

Back