1 BBL Stromberg carb.. same as Holden?

Roath

Hey Guys

I have been looking for a clean and good condition carb for my new non cross flow 250. This was offered to me on Trademe and I'm buggered if I can work out from lots of online searching if this is the same carb as the 250 non cross flow?
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=223433448

95349096.jpg

95349180.jpg

95349245.jpg

Thanks muchly

Rob

They're similar but the flange of the H****n unit has a different indexing or "clocking" of the mounting bolt holes. Unfortunately, this is also the part your throttle butterfly is mounted in...

Note the last of the pre-crossflows and perhaps early crossflows used a (comparatively) massive version of the BV2; I think it was differently named. BXV springs to mind.

Cheers, Adam.

Hi, just to add to the topic, they do look similar but the other major difference is the venturi size. The stock falcon 250 pre-crossflow venturi size is 1/9/32" ( thats one & nine thirty seconds of an inch diameter ). Try and source one of these. Since the H****n engines were mainly 186 & 202cu.in, their carbs would be too small to satisfy the air flow needs of the 250cu.in. The Falcon carbies have their venturi sizes cast on the side of them shown as a mathematical fraction.

Cheers,
stip.

Back