Question for the oz guys

Funky Cricket

how hard is it to get a xr6 turbo engine?

Not that I have the cash now, but I was thinking an old falcon or sn95 stang with one of those would be pretty sweet, but I didn't see anything up on fleabay.

or a salvage falcon would work, but then I have to import the whole car to the US.

Pipe dreams I know.. but my mind got a wondering today at work and I got curious. :unsure:
:thanks:

I have seen several on the oz fleabay. All are specifying local pickup. I have been thinking about transplanting to a 68 Cougar. How hard is it to ship something like that to the US?

Thanks,
Jason

3-5K USD, plus shipping, with that money i could build a pretty sweet aluminum head 250. but that xr6 motor is a monster!!
so sad they never brought that over here..

what transmissions are those compatible with? They probably don't have a T-5/T-56 bellhousing pattern do they?

if you get the latest one you can run t6060 as well.
or you can get engine and box and use the zf 6 speed auto

Good luck fitting one in though. They are a fair bit higher and longer than a 250. Also you'll need to mod the sump. An EA sump modded to XF (if that makes sense to you guys over there) will apparently get you over the steering. Unless you have a racknpinion already..You have to cut the firewall a bit, but someone has done it/is doing it in NZ I think, at the earlyfalcons forum at Oz Yahoo groups.

Back