What is the best way of purchasing an aussie six?

fastfalcon_19

Im just wondering how you would go arround to buy a cross flow or any engine from australia? also what is the best choice for engine for simplest installation to a 65 falcon? sorry very green to the aussie swaps but it really interests me, because all the power they make! Im guessing you could purchase off ebay, but what about local importers?
Thanks again for the help, this site rocks!

Given your location, I'd suggest first talking to freight consolidators in BC about what kind of fees they would charge to clear a crate from Oz, from receiving to forking it onto your trailer or truck bed.

Specify a cubic yard, 1000lbs weight, value $CAD1K with approved treated timber crating material and no hazardous substances or oils in the contents.

Find out if they have cooperative arrangements with any preferred companies in Australia. Then you can start to get a picture of transport costs.

With current availability and costs, I'd be looking at making the newer sixes work in your car as that way you get a low mileage engine with more power.

As addo has siad you would need to kmow all the costs of freight to your door-
as far as the engine itself, Ive got a 65/66 ute which as far as i know is pretty much identical to your 2 door as far as engine bay etc.
So almost any of the Aussie inlines will work .
Heres a few notes that may help.
Aussie sixes DO NOT have the same bellhousing pattern as yours.
The older precrossflows fit easily, but are pretty much museum pieces these days. ($100 to 500)
The crossflows fit pretty easily too , but again starting to hard to find good ones, newest is 1987. ($100-800 for EFI)
OHC sixes will fit but there are issues with the firewall and EFI manifolding on dual tract type. (around $500)
AU OHC sixes are more difficult because the sump needs mods and there cast alloy. (around $600)
The DOHC would be tighter still. ($600-800)
My choices although Ive not tried it would be the 1988 t0 1998 OHC six with the earlier single point manifold and carby.
hope this helps
A7M

I got a bare motor I would sell you. I mean BARE (block crank rods head timing cover and intake and a bell) no hardware other than main bolts. would need fully built up (bearings, pistons, total valvetrain) it is a 200" xflow so not getting the displacement but a better rod/stroke ratio and a higher revving motor.

shoot me an offer

I wish there were shops over here importing engines from Aussie. Im dead set on one day dropping a Barra 240t/245t/270t or better yet, 310t , engine into my '68 Falcon. The import (Honda , etc.) guys have it easy with the availability of imported engines.

Back