about getting a 250 2v head

1967JMG

Since the 250 2v heads are so hard to come across over here, does anyone know of any dealers in Australia that one could contact, from over here in the states, about purchasing a head and having it shipped over here?
Thanks,
JMG

No there are no dealers here who sell them.

Many like me have a spare. Best option is Oz EBAY. There is often one every couple of months.
The 2V's were always considered a poor man's V8 in Oz so they sometimes don't attract a lot of demand.

These guys in the States advertise the 250 2v head for sale, but you'll have a wait. I don't believe
they have any in stock, they usually import only what they have orders for. Thus the delay.

http://www.ausfordparts.com/2502v.html

Someone on this forum has purchased from them and hopefully will chime in on their experience.

I actually just spoke with aus ford parts yesterday. They have none and no idea when they will get any. He said it would likely be months before he'll find one. And even when he does find one he won't have it shipped right away. He waits till he has enough to ship to justify the cost shipping a whole crate.

I have a 250-2v engine which is a good runner, I am planning to get rid of it sometime soon as I will probably use a 200 crossflow in my early falcon.
Unfortunately Im in Perth which is about as far away from you as it is possible to get.
A7M

I have found several 250 2V heads in Australia, but the cost for shipping is around $600-$700 US$$$. The heads are used and will require rebuilds. When you add the cost of buying the head + shipping+rebuild, you are very near what a ClassicsInline alum head will cost. Something to consider.

Back