XF XE Dizzie into a 221 XW

has anyone got pics of what needs to be done to the dizzy?

I have read lots about machineing and rebushing but I would love to have a clearer picture before I attempt to do it.

cheers,

I had a couple done more than five years ago, by Performance Ignition in Melbourne. I was told Ignition Torque also can do them. Cost back then was over $250 IIRC.

Hey,
Get it to Jerry at Ignition Torque in bayswater.
He did mine for me full rebuild, recurved to suit my specs, mech advance and hardened dizzy gear i think it was around $180

Thanks heaps, had my original one rebuilt localy, but I am going to get one done and put it on when the 2v goes on.

Heading off on a road trip in my xw at the end of the week and he is all set to go.

Hi i fitted a XE dizzy to my XB ute with a 250 pre crossflow all i did was to machined off the hold down foot to the same diameter as the old points dizzy , Add a stud to the block and filed down the hold down tab. the cam drive is the same the oil pump drive is the same and dizzy housing diameter is the same , run the same electronic coil as the XE and wirer up the same , i had no problems with this set up , i done over 30,000 KM with this set up and the dizzi was a 2nd hand form the wreckers ($25) no oil leaks easier starting AND more POWER :D :D :D :D

The only issue I see with the early motors (XK-XW) is that the end of the dizzy shaft is not supported in the block as the shaft on the XE/XF dissy is smaller in diameter. Later XY-XB blocks are fine once you machine the hold down part. Some blokes reckon the shaft size is not an issue. But if you were getting it rebuilt/recurved then it would hardly be a challenge to fit a speedy sleeve or similar.

Back