Reputable Aussie engine supplier...

Hello,

I am looking for a good reputable engine supplier from Australia. Specifically, I am looking for a turbocharged motor, transmission, and ECU from an AU, BA, or BF Falcon. The motor needs to have all the accessories and wiring loom. If I need to buy a complete front clip, that is ok.

The motor/tranny from the AU and BA would be preferable but only because I really don't know much about the Huf key PATS security feature of the BF Falcon and I'd hate to lose my key here in the states and have no way to re-key the car. If anyone knows more about the BF Falcon security system and whether the it is tied to the ECU or is an independent system (like in a mustang), please let me know.

It's for a Mustang project.

Thanks,

-Zach (y)

Only the BA-BF-FG models had turbocharging as a factory option. The EA-AU models had only a SOHC motor (or varying types, most 4.0litre) or the old efi 4.9 V8. There are most likely suppliers who can get around the security functions... I'm unsure how. Australian Fords normally use a transponder key (with the appropriate key barrel), a BCM (body control module) - which communicates with the key barrel. The BCM then talks to the engine ecu, giving the OK to start the motor or whatever. If you can do without an automatic you could go with an 'aftermarket' ecu to run the motor, possibly saving you some dramas if things go wrong one day.

Back