Turbo TD Cortina for sale

George

Hi Guy's,

I am trying to sell my much loved cortina for $6500.

Most of you would know the history of it via this forum.."The turbo experiment".. some things have changed since the last update..

It is a 250 x-flow with ...
BA turbo, Wolf EFI, Motorsport 363 injectors, Aires forged pistons, shotpeened rods. ARP small end and head studs, head work, custom intake with trumpets, intercooler behind factory grill, C4 transmission with extra clutches using Phill soderstrom value body and 2800 rpm stall, 044 pump, 9 inch diff with mini spool 3:00, big GT drums on the back and rod shop conversion XA discs / HQ calipers on the front, 5 studs all round, MH Slicks, VH44 remote brake booster, electric water pump and thermo.

The car was driven to calder and ran a 10.8 using the smaller T04 turbo...it has more power now with the BA unit.

The reason I am getting rid of it is because I bought a capri that I was going to put the motor and box out of the cortina into...BUT after getting the capri home, I realized that the motor will not fit without modifying the firewall, so I opted to put a V8 instead. Now the wife has dick tat ed that the sporty corty must go!.

The cortina is still registered, so with the aid of a RWC can be transfered without going through the pits.

The body is in good condition with very little rust, but the paint is very old and flaky.

This car is for someone who is willing to spend some time to get the beast shining again with a bit of bodywork and interior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6gmsQJqMY4

the capri
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnxSXPXmdC4

If anyone is interested...let me know

Cheers

Hi Fingers,

Sorry I just saw your response..computer issues here.

I ended up selling it to a mate.

He is very happy as he took it to calder and ran a 10.5@128. Not bad for a $6500 purchase.

This also shows the durability of these motors..the same motor has been in the car from the date I started the "TURBO EXPERIMENT" topic.
It has done over 8 years more than 200 passes and many hours of street torture. Never had anything go wrong..not even a gasket!

Long live the 250!!

Cheers

No problem George. I was cashless at the time and only a little better now :LOL:
Would have been a WHOLE LOTA FUN!

Back