Started My Build

Bayrunner

Tore down my block. 250ci came out of a running 1969 Falcon.

Crank, rods, cyl walls were in great shape considering. First things firts. The threads on the mounting bosses in the rear of block where the trany mounts were lose and wabbly. Re-drilled and went to a more suitable 12mm 1.50 thread.

Drilled and tapped where the new plate is mounting for the X-flow conversion. Decided to JB weld and fasten the plate to the block as advised by Mustangsix. After the JB Weld is curred, I will port out the reliefs for the push rods and finish the Block Mods. The block will be taken to the machine shop on Monday.

Ordered my engine components from Mike at CI. ARP Studs everywhere, bearings, cahin...the works. What a great way to shop. Point, click, paypal. They should be comming soon.

Ended up going with Clevit pistons due to the fact that the dish is more suited for my build. Pistons are getting treated at Swain as we speak.

My head, cam, intake.........5 boxes of goodies are on the way from AU thanks to XRGLEN. I ended up ordering a sport head package from Glen which he custom ported and fitted for this build.

The Mustang is at the Body Shop getting new sheetmetal. The suspension, drivetrain, brakes, new interior are all in my garage awaiting the car to be finished by the body shop.

We are moving forward..

Bayrunner":j5lu8r7s said:

Drilled and tapped where the new plate is mounting for the X-flow conversion. Decided to JB weld and fasten the plate to the block as advised by Mustangsix. After the JB Weld is curred, I will port out the reliefs for the push rods and finish the Block Mods. The block will be taken to the machine shop on Monday.

We are moving forward..

Any chance of some pics, I would like to see how you folks over there convert a pre-xFlow straight six to a XFlox,,, this plate thng does it weld on top or on the sides of the block :unsure::

Cheers

TDCorty":1f3zwcfu said:
Bayrunner":1f3zwcfu said:

We are moving forward..

Any chance of some pics, I would like to see how you folks over there convert a pre-xFlow straight six to a XFlox,,, this plate thng does it weld on top or on the sides of the block :unsure::

Cheers

PM me with email adress and I will send you pics. I cannot post them here. Computer Illiterate.

Help

Back