Which donor car has a hydraulic or cable clutch for mustang

eds1965coupe

I think I'm leaning toward a 250 with a T5 for my daily driver car. I like the advice to stick with parts that are available from donor cars so that when they break they can be easily replaced. Is there a donor car that can provide a hydraulic or cable clutch that will work for a 1965 mustang using the T5 bell housing? If so, and I'm understanding everything, the 250 will bolt directly to the T5 which needs a cable or hydraulic clutch. The entire setup will be available from recycle yards. Thanks in advance for your input.

Ed

Im sure there are people on this site that may have a better handle on this in the USA, however, down here the crossflow never came with the T5, and there are cable and hydraulic clutch arrangements for the crossflow six, it is a matter of what model Falcon.
The hydraulic clutches have the fork poking out of your drivers side of the bellhousing (our non drivers) and the cable setup comes out the opposite side.
Nearly all the crossflow bellhousings are iron.
Hope this giudes you somewhat>
A7M

aussie7mains":25r7gd92 said:
however, down here the crossflow never came with the T5,

T5 was available on XF from '86 or '87 till the end of the utes and vans in '92

wagon":22yu4zfj said:
What 5-speed gearbox was fitted to 3.3L XE models? Was it a T5?

No, it was the Borg Warner 0507, variously called the jap box, the taiwanese box, or the piece of sh it.
Same box as the 0506, but with an extra gear.

xdee":16mhl7m0 said:
wagon":16mhl7m0 said:

No, it was the Borg Warner 0507, variously called the jap box, the taiwanese box, or the piece of sh it.

Thanks for the clarification! I know they were pretty weak, hence the reason they were only put behind wheezy 3.3L motors.

wagon":1in6pm9l said:
xdee":1in6pm9l said:
wagon":1in6pm9l said:

Thanks for the clarification! I know they were pretty weak, hence the reason they were only put behind wheezy 3.3L motors.

The 200 was too much for that box, they broken in Commodores with 173's and 2.0L Sigma's.

Back