Barra motors

1967JMG

has anyone ever experimented putting one of the barra turbo or n/a motors in an old falcon or anything? I've read a lot lately about these motors and am now dreaming of one of these miraculously landing in my '67 mustang. :mrgreen:

I'm getting a couple of them shipped to the states as we speak. 8)

If this deal goes well and I can pull off the swap without too much drama, I'm going to start bringing them in on a regular basis. I've got to figure out the bellhousing/flywheel situation, but that shouldn't be TOO hard, I've done plates and adapters before. I'm going to run it with an aftermarket ECU, so that's no biggie. I'm going to try and "north-americanize" them as much as I can to keep down costs and make them easy to maintain here.

If anyone out there is interested in them...hit me up. The more I get, the cheaper they are. I may even have them in the next week or two if everything works out ok. :D

How much are they costing to get over here? I'd love to get ahold of one of those one day. But the $$$$$ factor plays a big issue...

Dunno exactly just yet. The engines are fairly cheap, the freight is the scary part. I expect to have $1500 or so in each by the time they get here. It's a bit of an experiment the first time out...but there are two of us splitting the shipping...and since we're shipping a pallet, the cost is similar for one or two motors. They charge you for the space more than the weight.

I'm going to try and offer a complete swap kit. If I can buy more, the cost goes down...

If there were a complete swap kit :shock: I would be EXTREMELY interested!
what are you planning on putting them in?

One is going in my 63 Comet. I finally have a smog-exempt car. :)

I'm also getting a turbo manifold for it, so once I get it in and going and have the kitting details worked out...it's gonna get going REAL fast. :shock:

I've done swaps before (8 second rwd turbo-4 Focus, 10-sec turbo Pinto driver), so I don't see where it'll be too hard all in all. The flywheel and bell seem like the most difficult part, but I don't think it'll be too hard. The worst part is the shipping...LOL

What motors are you bringing over? The furthest into motor swaps I have gone is helping out some buddies of mine doing SR20 and Skyline RB motor swaps into Nissan 240sx and similar cars.

04-05 BA Falcon Just the base motors, not turbos. From what I can gather, they're substantially the same (for my purposes) and WAY cheaper to purchase.

that sounds awesome. this interests me way more than the xflow motors. let us know how it goes making a kit for these. I'm sure other people will be interested too. I'm surprised more people here don't talk about the bara's...

I've been hearing about them for a while...it's been like a fantasy motor for a lot of turbo-4 Ford guys over here. I can't wait to get them. I'm not too patient by nature, so this is difficult for me...LOL

you mentioned a turbo manifold. what vehicle is this manifold off?

turbo joe":ttxc1crk said:
One is going in my 63 Comet. I finally have a smog-exempt car. :)

I'm also getting a turbo manifold for it, so once I get it in and going and have the kitting details worked out...it's gonna get going REAL fast. :shock:

I've done swaps before (8 second rwd turbo-4 Focus, 10-sec turbo Pinto driver), so I don't see where it'll be too hard all in all. The flywheel and bell seem like the most difficult part, but I don't think it'll be too hard. The worst part is the shipping...LOL

turbo joe":1n7sgngb said:
I'm getting a couple turbo exhaust manifolds from a turbo falcon. I can make or get everything else here.......

turbo joe,

Where are you located?

turbo joe":1sen6cv5 said:
I'm getting a couple of them shipped to the states as we speak. 8)

If this deal goes well and I can pull off the swap without too much drama, I'm going to start bringing them in on a regular basis. I've got to figure out the bellhousing/flywheel situation, but that shouldn't be TOO hard, I've done plates and adapters before. I'm going to run it with an aftermarket ECU, so that's no biggie. I'm going to try and "north-americanize" them as much as I can to keep down costs and make them easy to maintain here.

If anyone out there is interested in them...hit me up. The more I get, the cheaper they are. I may even have them in the next week or two if everything works out ok. :D

Hi!

I wonder if its possible (next year) for you to ship a nice Barra engine to Sweden? If so, I would be VERY intrested to buy one from you!

They're all packed up and waiting to leave! He said they would fly out tonight or tomorrow and they should be "in the states" by the weekend. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhYEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Back