Xflow to USA

1967JMG

After reading many of the posts here and reading about MusatngSix's '66 Xflow, I have become very interested.
How much would it cost to get a whole EFI Xflow motor over here to the US? (Florida specifically)
And are there any dealers in Australia that one could by a motor from and have it shipped?
Thanks,
JMG

I've seen several guys on the Aussie site claim to be capable of shipping heads or entire engines here from Oz. You might have to explore that site and see if they seem legit and the real deal.

I could get you a complete engine. But Why? Why not get the head, cam intake and Header and modify the US Block?

A lot has changed here in the last few years, since Jack did all that work.

Used car prices have plummeted, and this means that many of our resourceful and thrifty inclinations are lost. More to the point, the crossflow is now significantly only a historical engine - rather than a current potential install.

I would suggest that looking to install a complete newish DOHC Falcon engine/box might be more satisfying in some ways.

true. which is why i have also looked at the barra motors like the 182 and 240T, but i really like the way the EFI xflow motors look.

1967JMG":2i2j904x said:
true. which is why i have also looked at the barra motors like the 182 and 240T, but i really like the way the EFI xflow motors look.

How much do you have to spend?

I'm starting with about $1K
I'm trying to find out roughly about how much total it will take to do what i want...

1967JMG":1u99mb9r said:
I'm starting with about $1K
I'm trying to find out roughly about how much total it will take to do what i want...

$850 buys you a used engine
$1550 cost to ship from AU and handle.
You still need to rebuild using Aussie parts. Cam $285, gaskets $300, Bearings $300, and Hope your machinist doesnt foul anything up.

Why no put a crossflow head into a US Engine? All the bottom end is readily available here? I am beating on a dead horse but you need a much larger budget to get a performance AU crossflow here in the US.

well, ive read all the articles, but exactly was all does it entail to modify the block? exactly how hard is it? I cant afford too much down time so I know i would have to buy another block to initially start the work on...

It is simple to do. Did you look at the pictured, detailed articles MustangSix has in the teck article section? If you feel that this is too much for you to handle, maybe we ca get you a modded block.

Cheers

I have a bare 200 xflow engine I can part with.

BARE head
BARE Block
BARE Rods
BARE crank
timing cover, water pump (new US pump) cast rocker cover, 4bbl cain carb intake AND stock EFI intake (complete) with ecu's and air meters (could maybe toss in a harness for extra)

needs rebuilt but all the aussie hard parts are there but an oil pan (I can supply a 200 rear sump pan and pickup though) I also have a 4 speed bell housing for it (goofy aussie pattern but should be able to take a fabbed T5 plate with ease)

that would be nice to either start with a modded block or a xflow block itself. the main thing is that i would have to work on it on the side and then drop it in over a weekend.
I cant really afford too much downtime. I cant keep borrowing my dad's truck or my brothers vehicle as he is now coming home from Iraq and will be taking it with him back to Texas.

Back