XFLOW bell ID

DSCF0299.jpg

trying to ID this bell (the pattern) it looks like to put a ford T5 behind it on a spacer I will need to drill the "dual" pattern for the upper holes but have no idea on where to locate them proper (IE so they will work with what SHOULD bolt there) can you guys help me out here? I have a T5 bell also I will be running but figured I would maybe ge a second setup for the spare motor.

where would I find that? between the two lower bolt holes is "6394BA" only info I can find on it.

it is a right side clutch fork.

do you mean the bellhousing on the left? looks to me to be drilled for single rail pattern with space to be redrilled for toploader?

Single rail from a Cortina. You can tell by location of the cable (exhaust side).

Odd that there is no prefix to the "6394" code, whether ARDx or 7xDA. Also no "CAS" suffix to the number.

Inside the bell it will have the extra raised boss to allow threading for a Toploader. From memory the T5 and Single rail have near-identical bores on the retainer openings?

retainer bore on the bell is smaller than a T5 retainer (not by much as it will wiggle around on the chamfers of the two parts)

now does anyone have a toploader pattern I can take to a machinist to get the other holes drilled/tapped?

haha i did, but i took it to the scrap metal place because i couldn't sell it!
the single rail and t5 gearboxes definitely have a different size snout, the t5 has a slightly large diameter. The easy way around this is to have your t5 snout lathed down to fit the single rail housing.
as addo mentioned though you can easily redrill that housing to suit a toploader if you wanted, the top right bolt stays the same, the other three just need to be drilled and tapped further out on the housing.

well a US spec T5 has a longer snout (9.25".....about .75" longer) so doing a spacer isn't too tough for a conversion. I am wondering if I might be ok with buying a wide pattern T5 adaptor plate and using it as a guide to drill my new holes and tap them?

Back