Pre-xflow head chamber volumes?

Hi all,

I have had a bit of a search around but am having some difficulty finding out about the various heads available for pre-xflow ford 6's. I saw the thread about casting numbers etc, however what I am really interested in is a rundown on the chamber volumes of readily available australian log heads. I am looking to put together a mild 250 and would like to know my options for adjusting the compression ratio to suit, so if anyone can point me in the right direction i would be grateful.

Ross

Aren't you in NZ? I'd have though there was next to nothing left by now.

Late 188/221 (XW) and 200/250 XY heads seem to have volumes close to 58cc - probably the factory didn't want them to be over 60 or under 56. Don't recall measuring over 59 ever.

These heads have the final version of chamber shape; it's less of a "D" than earlier ones.

Thanks for the reply addo, and nope not from NZ I'm a melbournian.

So then by the sound of it all the 200/250 ones are the same (ie. the ones I already have on hand), which is ok as it works out about right for what i'm after compression wise.

I measured one today that was down at about 55cc, but the bores were +0.030" and worn out so who knows how many times its been skimmed. Got another one (the original for the car) to measure up which is a virgin bore so it'll probably be closer to 58cc or so.

Back