stock specs for an Oz 250 cube?

Asa

2K+
VIP
i've finally reached a point where i can rebuild the Oz engine that addo sent me over four years ago, so before i drop the components off at the machine shop, i'd like to know what specifications to tell the shop to use for the stock specs

also, anyone know of any good parts sources that will ship to the US?

redxm":2ltdbxb2 said:
What do you need specs on? crossflow or log head?
neither?
got a 250-2V engine
i imagine the year is going to be important, but Ford Oz must use a different casting number/part number system than Ford US because i can't decode the year, and i can't find my paperwork

There will be dates on the shell backs, and what are the head/block codes? 72DA... or ARD1DA... ?

ARD1DE is a 1971 head prefix. That makes it quite an early 2V.

I meant the bearing shell backs; that motor I don't think had ever had more than a head gasket change.

PM me your email address. I have a workshop manual for the 250 2v, xy (1971) vintage
I can scan the relevent bits for you
cheers
ben

Off the track a bit but I had to replace the flywheel on my 2V and the standard six flywheel didn't fit. After much trial and effort the local garage concluded that the 2V's used a 302W flywheel in front of a toploader. Does this sound correct to you guys?

Ben, i'll PM you shortly
mkeily":39mwsn4e said:
Off the track a bit but I had to replace the flywheel on my 2V and the standard six flywheel didn't fit. After much trial and effort the local garage concluded that the 2V's used a 302W flywheel in front of a toploader. Does this sound correct to you guys?
i can't comment on it working, but it would have to be rebalanced to a zero balance

250-2v has standard 250 flywheel the crankshaft flange is same as SBF, but diameter is the same as a 289 small flywheel. The V8 is externally balanced the 250 isnt.
So any 250 flywheel should work.
The flywheels do vary as to the clutch mounting, some are drilled for the 10 inch clutch, most are for the 9.5
A7M

Yes the flywheel had to be rebalanced and I was actually told it was a 289 which I figured was the same as a 302.

addo":1n4ng91n said:
ARD1DE is a 1971 head prefix. That makes it quite an early 2V.

I meant the bearing shell backs; that motor I don't think had ever had more than a head gasket change.
sorry addo, missed your post in the shuffle

i have yet to tear the engine down, mainly as i don't have a workbench
once i take care of that, i'll look into checking the bearing backs and get back to you on it

Ben,
i'll have to doublecheck to be sure, but i believe your email provider didn't allow your attachments to be sent due to them being over the size limit

Asa,

Nobody flame me, but why don't you just install the 250 2V head on a US 250 block? That way you can use local parts/specs on your lower end. Of course, if the reason you want to rebuild the Aussie block is to be different, then I think everybody on the forum understands that.

i'd like to build the entire engine, to do that and put the Oz head on a US block i'd have to pull the engine and have Susie out of commision for even longer than she's already been. as she sits, i just need to get her down here to Tampa and figure out a few minor issues and i can drive her back and forth to work at least

Asa":1er2m0uw said:
Ben,
i'll have to doublecheck to be sure, but i believe your email provider didn't allow your attachments to be sent due to them being over the size limit

I'll send them again, 1 at a time . see if that makes it

Back