Tightening header/extractor bolts on 250-2V?

michael_cini

Question: I will be reinstalling my header in my 63 Falcon with 250-2V head soon. After a couple of heat cycles I need to retighten the header bolts. I cannot access the top header bolts with the intake on, so I guess I need to remove the intake then. Is there anyway to reuse the intake gaskets once I remove intake? Is there a way to keep them from sticking to head/intake?

I hope this is coherent?
Thanks.
Michael

If you dont use any sealant/glue then after a few heat cycles it should seperate easily enough.
If you cant obtain new inlet gaskets you could put a piece of gasket paper in the photocopier with the good gaskets as a template
Works for me, seeing as they are virtually unobtainable here.

Hi Guys,
A few yrs ago I had a prob with the std paper gaskets being sucked into the head. Had the manifold machined but the prob persisted so I had ACL make some custom for me. They were metal base with a "special" rubber type coating. I've never used any type of sealant and could re-use every 1 of them, to this day, if I wanted. They show very little, if any, signs of use or wear. I was actually thinking about ordering some more for my shelf only last week.

Not including the programming charge (it was a 1 off apparently) they worked out to $9.50 ea (2 req, 3 + 3) but that was mid 2005, so obviously subject to change.
Let me know if you are interested,
Big numbers not necessary, I only got a small run done to try.
I can probably post a used 1 if anyone wants to have a look.

I'm in no great hurry, I've got some, but I'll place the order depending on interest & urgency.

thanks for your reply guys. good information. i have i think 4 left, so that's good for 2 changes if needed. i got them from classicinlines.com last time. they are thick gasket material.

Why do you think youll have to take the intake off, you should be able to reach them, perhaps a 1/4 drive socket, there will be a way. Dont take the intake off just for that?
A7m

stevexysupersix":3d2agpku said:
Hi Guys,
A few yrs ago I had a prob with the std paper gaskets being sucked into the head. Had the manifold machined but the prob persisted so I had ACL make some custom for me. They were metal base with a "special" rubber type coating. I've never used any type of sealant and could re-use every 1 of them, to this day, if I wanted. They show very little, if any, signs of use or wear. I was actually thinking about ordering some more for my shelf only last week.

Not including the programming charge (it was a 1 off apparently) they worked out to $9.50 ea (2 req, 3 + 3) but that was mid 2005, so obviously subject to change.
Let me know if you are interested,
Big numbers not necessary, I only got a small run done to try.
I can probably post a used 1 if anyone wants to have a look.

I'm in no great hurry, I've got some, but I'll place the order depending on interest & urgency.

Can the person who emailed me about some gaskets please send another email or PM me, had some computer issues.

Hey guys I have been buying 2V intake manifold gaskets from Auto1 (A1) for the last couple of years. Price has varied but 30/32$ is the current running costs.

Like the photo copy idea never thought of that one surprised the gasket material runs through the printer

Back