Porting the 250-2V

CobraSix

2K+
VIP
I've found guides for the xflow porting, but curious if anyone has a good guide from down under for porting the 250-2v head about which areas need special attention.

i'd be interested in this as well .

my thoughts :

I have a head in my garage and from a quick check (some time ago!)- i think the inlet ports are too large allready . ( something like a 1.6" dia port for a 1.65" valve ie 96% port to valve diameter)

look at mike alu head and modern design with approx 80 -85% port dia to valve dia.

these ford 2v heads were designed back in early 70's (ie 71/72 ) when the 'gun' head for ford australia was the cleveland 4V with its big ports -( no Boss here on prod vehichles) so i guess they just went with that thinking.

so i guess attention to inlet valve seats /bowl and maybe guide areas is whats required - probably with enlarged inlet valves installed to bring the port/valve ratio down

exhaust on the other hand is too small

I would imagine, basically being the same head with a different intake, the usual porting as described in the falcon 6 handbook would be the go (havent got it in front of me to look at what they suggest
Port match the intake as well and it should turn out OK

And... If anyone knows anyone over here who has experience with porting on a 2V let me know. Im not all that confident I can do it myself

Back