Yamaha piston?

balldrick

Gday Guys, Ive got two old 250 pre-crossflow blocks under the house that have been bored out 60thou and I thought theres probable not much that can be done with them but have them sleeved and its probable not worth it. I stumbled across a post that was talking about using a Yamaha XT600 piston they are 95mm std bore with a comp height for a std compression engine of 28mm.Maths is not my strong suit but would these work with the 200 crossflow rods. It would be handy.

The pistons you are describing would have a 3.7402in diameter and a compression height (CH) of 1.1023in. The ACL 4.1L xflow pistons for 200 rods have a CH of 29.7mm/1.169in. The height difference is 0.0667in. If the Yamaha pistons are flat top, it could help make up some of the difference; that and a minor decking of the block.

I read on the xFalcon forum that someone used pistons for a V8 Rover stroker, but I couldn't find the particular application.
I found a piston that may work, but has a taller CH. The piston for a 2002-04 Jeep 4.7L OHC modular V8 with a 1mm overbore has a CH of 31.5mm/1.24in, about 0.071in taller. If you are using a xflow head with a large combustion chamber, this may work without major milling.

Thanks for the reply,It was me who used the Rover stroker pistons,comp height 1.195 but they only come with a bore as wide as 3.720 and had 27cc bowls so they help keep comp down for forced induction aplications.I would like to build a strong naturaly aspirated motor with one of my 60thou over blocks with 2V head and tripple carbs so the Yamaha pistons might do.
rocklord":1i35s6yw said:
The pistons you are describing would have a 3.7402in diameter and a compression height (CH) of 1.1023in. The ACL 4.1L xflow pistons for 200 rods have a CH of 29.7mm/1.169in. The height difference is 0.0667in. If the Yamaha pistons are flat top, it could help make up some of the difference; that and a minor decking of the block.

I read on the xFalcon forum that someone used pistons for a V8 Rover stroker, but I couldn't find the particular application.
I found a piston that may work, but has a taller CH. The piston for a 2002-04 Jeep 4.7L OHC modular V8 with a 1mm overbore has a CH of 31.5mm/1.24in, about 0.071in taller. If you are using a xflow head with a large combustion chamber, this may work without major milling.

Back