Crossflow carby?

Problem I found is the DS2 (or even the LoM) is not an easy dizzy to tear down to the shaft without doing some damage. Neither are a solid shaft, and are comprised of two shafts. An lower and upper shaft. The upper rides on the lower shaft and is allowed to rotated freely at a different angle in reference to the lower shaft. This is dictated by the advance counterweights. To separate the shafts is no easy task. At least on the two I tore apart, they were not. The upper shaft seemed to be held on by both a locking ring (easy) and an interference fit with the lower shaft created by blunt force shaping the top of the lower shaft.

Now, you may be able to find a machine shop that can turn the dizzy shaft without separating the shafts. It likely will require you to remove the housing and other internal components to give them enough room for the lathe to attach. I did not look at that since my goal during the tear down was something entirely different. Since my goal was different, I tore the shafts apart, even taking a cutting wheel to one to separate the shafts.

Hope that's a little clearer than mud...

Back