alluminum head is on

ocd

I have a rebuilt and balanced 221 which we have put a classic inlines head on the motor has a 570 holley ,xe electronic ignition rebuilt for the 221 by performance ignition ,YT roller rockers , 280/280 cam , pacemaker headers it went on a dyno to get the ignition and carby rite at the end of tuning they gave it a quick run up to 5000 rpm and it put out 150hp with a bit more tuning when the motor is run in i was hopeing for around 200hp but im thinking it mite be 170+

Is that rear wheels ? ( I'm guessing it is ) , not bad , don't be afraid to try a bigger carb , I know all the Magazines and charts say what you have is about right or maybe slightly large , BUT From years at the Drags , Ive found if its the biggest hp you are looking for ( I base this on MPH on the slip ) which is the truest form of HP, -- Bigger usually gives it , if its drivability and a semblence of MPG's then smaller is best , good luck

Interesting. Is that at the wheels? 200+hp @ flywheel shouldn't even be a problem with that combo.
Whats the torque curve look like?

how much compression?

has the AFR been checked?

sounds like you might be giving some up with compression being low or not enough timing maybe?

Thanks for the replies yes its 150rwhp at just on 5000 rpm the comp rato is just under 10to1 they used a air fuel probe in the exhust to get the carb tuned surprisingly the oiginal metering block was making it run to lean on the primarys after trying different jets and power valve they discovered the holes in the block were tiny so he used another block and the afr is spot on now they didnt muck around with the timing as they want to get some kms on the motor before back on the dyno to try to get some hp and play around with the timing The car will be used as a driver so we want driveability but are after performance as well if you look at the dyno results on the alloy head thread they got up to 210 hp with a similar set up on a 200/6 with good drivability so with 221 im thinking i shoul;d be able to get up there as well i hope i have heard different dynos can give quite different results

Ok that isn't too bad on RWHP then!! Esp if you have a couple degrees of timing left out.

What transmission are you running? an auto is gonna eat up more on the RWHP numbers.

I am fairly happy with with the 150rwhp as your saying x flow we still have a bit of timing to play with . Its got a five speed toyota celica box and a 28spline b/w lsd rear with 3.23 ratio i didnt take real notice of the rpm in 5th at 100kmh (which is 60mph ) it was around 2300rpm which should be good on the highway

Back