221 rods. Forged or Cast

redxm

As the title says, are standard 221 rods cast or forged. Not that it will matter to my build, but I'd like to know
thanks
ben

Hiya
All Australian falcon sixes are forged, cast wouldnt be strong enough.
They are all a similar layout just different lengths
Hope this helps

Btw I see that your name is redXM, If your interested Im building an XP ute with a supercharged 200 crossflow, Im doing panel work at the moment, Ive done the rust repair thing and have sorted out my drivetrain.
A7M

Sounds good. Im building an XM with a 221 2v. Its been a looooooonnnggg project, just dont seem to get the time

Ive done a couple of XPs before sixes and V8s, Ive also got a 250-2v engine that came with my ute when I bought it, I didnt drive it but it was running, had a celica 5 speed behind it with stock rear axle.
A7M

4.1/3.3 250/200 x-flow fits nicely with the XC onwards Crossflow radiator or a bigger Aussie Desert Cooler.

When a Supercharger is put in, the shock braces need rework, but on a non crossflow, you can get it all packaged if you use some smarts.

2V and Log head 250 has a really tall fan and water outlet, and Crossflow radiator or a bigger Aussie Desert Cooler just allows it to fit, but its the top of the carb that causes the problem. Earlier rocker cover and the Cleveland style oil filler allows the carbs air cleaner to sit lower.

The 221/188 are only a little taller than the 144/170/200, but a 2v or classic inlines intake and head fits great.

Back