221 crank

64falconsix

Supporter 2022
Supporter 2018
anyone have any info on where to find one or if there was a forged 221 crank made?

No Falcon six ever had a forged crank, they are all cast nodular iron. However you wont need one, the SG iron cranks are tough and cast iron is actually a better bearing surface than steel anyway.
As to finding one, not many ever advertised in WA . but possibly Argentina might be a better source, they seem to keep making them for ages after they stopped down here.
A7M

Thanks for the info. I was thinking forged as I was planning to run about a 100 shot of N2O along with the C.I. Head . I was thinking 250 to 275 hp engine on the N2O.

Even at that power level you wouldnt need it, I had an NA 221 with triple webbers and 250-2v head with about that power, it was never a problem.
The cranks are very good.

Thanks for the info. And the lead on the 221 motor. I am still in the planning stages but I am thinking that 5700 rpm would be the Max. I would turn it.

as im new to the forum would any one have an opinion on my plan for my 66 mustang,being a 221 long motor with a 2v head, also with a dellow bellhousing to fit the c4auto, would it make some hp, as my 200ci is currently120ggees,

Why bother with a 221 when the 250 is much easier to find, and would perform better anyway, the Dellow bellhousing isnt needed as there are C4 bellhousings to sixes out there, the factory used them quite often.
If your in the USA the a C4 will bolt straight to your 250 as it has the V8 bellhousing anyway.
The 221 whilst a good engine isnt worth the effort to find in my view, the rod ratio on the 221 isnt too flash and the 250 is bigger, the maximum airflow is limited by the head and if your using a 250-2v then it will fit either block, the 250ci with 2v head is a very nice combo, gives very good torque and will rev to about 4500rpm with stock cam, just a 350 or 500 two barrel will work great, tiny cam if you really want it.
The 250-2v has better low down torque than the 2 barrel 302.
A7M

Back