New Aussie sixes

Sav63comet

Is there anyone importing entire new-ish engines out of Oz?

I know I'd probably never be able to afford it but I'd love a 24 valve turbo fuel injected engine in the Comet.

Im sorry to disapiont you, but I dont know of anyone doing that, but I dont see whay some one in the group couldnt help you, Im in Perth on the West coast which is about as far from you as you can get. But Ill have a poke around to see what prices I can find and let you know, The turbo engines are prized and will get best prices.
BTW Ive got an 65 Falcon ute (pickup to you) which Ive got a supercharged crssflow in, and Ive got an AU SOHC sedan and have measured up the early falcon to fit the later SOHC engine, and I can tell you fitting the turbo 6 will involve some work, If you look at the RRS site and check out thier Tower notching kits, I think youll need one, or look for a Mustang called "1tuf65" its got a turbo SOHC running in the 9s on propane no less.
Ill keep posting
A7M

If you are interested in the SOHC 4.0L engine, this site in the US had some for sale last year when I called.
The engines were suppose to have the transmission and ECM/wiring included.

http://www.ausfordparts.com/

Their website shows 250 2v heads and 4.1L Crossflows for sale but they no longer have any.

Like I said, it's just fantasizing really. Don't have the pockets to seek out anything.

I've just seen all the cross flow heads, aluminum, what not, but never seen a swap with the latest Falcon sixes.

If money wasn't a problem I'd have myself a grey market turbo Falcon flatbed ute. I get jealous whenever I look at the Ford of Australia website.

Yes but unfortunately Aussies have stopped buying them. Ford Aus is cactus as a manufacturer of unique product.

I saw that. This is the last year right? I guess 54 years is a pretty good run for an engine. Has any other block lasted longer? I guess the VW perhaps?

aussie7mains":1a0sovqj said:
and Ive got an AU SOHC sedan and have measured up the early falcon to fit the later SOHC engine, and I can tell you fitting the turbo 6 will involve some work,

What about the NA 4.0L?? I happen to have an AU in the driveway parked next to my XM..

I tend to think it would be a lot of work??

ben

Back