250 2V Head

xrwagon

Ok finally i have secured a 250 2V head, head has been ported, has new valves, guides etc, and i picked up a set of re-kitted triple 1/3’4 Su’s on a 2V manifold. The cam i was going to use is a Clive cam, the specs are below, now its a fairly large solid cam, a fair bit different to what the 264/274 fare is. The head will be milled 60thou, i will be running premium fuel, bottom end wont be done at this point as i don’t want to run the carbs when i don’t have the setup completely sorted, i don’t want to risk trying to run a large solid cam and running it in, so i will be putting the head and triples on as i have got them and using the new parts on my 200 bottom end, i wont be putting it through it's paces to much as the bottom end is 46 years old and untouched. When i pull the donk out, it will be 20 thou over, with decent pistons, balanced, ARP bolted etc, then i will use my V8 26 spline C4 behind it. Check the cam specs and see what you think, yes its up in the rev range a bit but think about when racing the car and what the rev reduction between gear changes and being in the power band.

n regards to your 200 cubic inch Falcon engine, we recommend a camshaft with our 409C profile.
Adv. Valve Timing: 75° - 45° 43° - 77° Duration 306°
Duration at .050” 238°
Lobe Lift .320”

Thanks for reading.

Back