Activity on the site

A

Anonymous

Well team I have been absent for 7 months and checked the site out tonight to see we aren't getting much traffic anymore.

Are we losing interest?

I still have interest, 2014 has been so busy I haven't had a bit of time to deal with my cross flow efi 250. Stuff is just tough all over.

Many now appear to use more of the social sites to communicate. Noticed the same with the HAMB after an update as many no longer use forum and follow social media.

I'm not a Facebook user either, although their are several sites I'd like to be a member of (250-2V, and Crossflow-OHC are two that come to mind)

I check the Fordsix site everyday, but don't post unless I have something to contribute.
Or I'm just wanting to be an a$$. :LOL:

I've developed a bit of an internet "friendship" with a couple of folks on this board and the info I get when asking a question is GREAT!!
=====

Just wait for Mad Max 4. The info super highway and the social aspects are what people really want.

Young people here at various times have created insatiable spikes of activity. The day of dusting off a 30 year old cherry Stang and posting show and tell isn't as common. But as a deadman link for info, its still the place.

Whats happening is people are really keen to just mingle, and being FordSix Social is no longer all about info, but how people communicate. That evolves, and a drop in traffic isn't a fail, but a change in the way people choose to relate. Being able to run a whole bunch of selfie fun of your cell phone is pretty cool, and its where im headed long term, but not at the moment.

My son said it best, if its personality cults you want, you'll find it all on other socmed. If its info, in depth if that's your bag, or breadth if thats your measure, you'll find it here. The Mustang and its Falcon bread breatheren are the most popular Classics ever, the F150, the best truck for ever, and the target is moving to Big Sixes only because the average age of I6ers is shifting to Foxes, F Trucks, and trying to get a better cost benefit than a junked Explorer 5.0 engine in a Mustang.

The social aspect is really important, but many people need answers that can be scrutinized. The best thing ever for us has been how to make my I6 idle and economical. An I6 1BBL and igntion isn't a simple as it should be, and setting these pre OBDII beast up requires access to histroical info from a forgotten age.. People here get to scale the info, turn it up, or down based on there info needes.

Meanwhile, the modern i6 customer sits at the threashold of 400 plus hp 26 Highway MPG V8 Mustangs, and 305 plus hp ones that can trip 45 mpg at a 55 mph average speed.

So a fair old chunk if info is rattling through Middle Americas cranium, and car tinker-ers haven't been better served, ever.

This is a hobby for me, the biggest and most important of many but being a hobby sometimes life gets in the way and you have to step away for a bit. Ive done it a couple times and am no longer as big on the forum as I used to be. Now that I'm back under the hood of the 66 rebuilding the motor and freshening up the turbo setup I'm back checking the board every day and soaking up all I can and hoping I can give back in any way possible. Hopefully, no matter how slow it gets, FordSix sticks around for the few of us who still goof around with these things!

Matt

for me I was able to hold out on signing up for years because I was able to just maintain my cars that have been around for decades and liked to keep them origional. So I lurked on this site for years before actually singing up since honestly most of the questions keep getting asked over and over again on here but thats the great part people get get real life help from the members willing to do so who have the knowledge and experience.

I believe this site gets a lot more traffic from non members going through the archives. you would be surprised how much old great info can be dug up here with searching. It has really helped being a member for me in the modifying stages and helps me try to keep pace with my projects in real time while I do all the other work and activities I always check in daily and its great for passing along spare parts to people who need them or vice versa as well as have got to meet lots of people through here in person who have the same joy and interest in these machines.

Yes there is a wealth of information available for those who seek it.
I'm glad Mike paid the hosting up in advance for a few years so at least it'll be here long enough to get things sorted out.
But it might be prudent for us to figure out some form of independent back-up or alternative options.

Are you talking about the site, or the Aussie sub forum?
I rarely do more than poke my head into Aussie sub forum, although the recent thread on the 1pc 170 seal was pretty excellent.
As for the forum, I'm on and off multiple times per day, and if I get notified at night of an update to a thread that I'm interested in, I'll log in via phone, but I rarely post via phone.

Jackfish are you certain that he paid the website hosting fee and not just the domain registration fee?
They are completely different.
I did a "whois" lookup on the domain name and sure enough the domain name has been paid up for 10 years. (these are usually $7-15 per year, so at most $150 for 10 years)
But the website/forum hosting fee is a monthly reoccurring fee, most sites that I've checked into are $10-15 per month ($120-180 per year, or up to $1800 for 10 years)

And the need for a secondary site is exactly why I asked in the Announcements forum
CoupeBoy":1ohogi5c said:
The domain name fordSix.com is registered until 2023. But who is paying the monthly fees for hosting the websites? will there be any lights on in a month? is one of the assistant administrators making and testing the backups?
With backups a person could create a second website and test/migrate the database over to it on a regular basis, daily or weekly. Then there would be minimal loss of data.

Back