250 2v OR 250 triple carb OR ??

Hey,
Got my self a dilemma guys, which way to go with my '71 XY Wagon 250 6cyl!
I'm tossing up what combo to go with, I have all parts (well most of them) to
do these, two of them need machine work, one is ready to go, it's going in my XY Wagon,
just a family cruiser, but would like to be alittle different also!
Options are -
#1- reworked standard log head with 350 Holley,
#2- 2v head and 500 Holley, Or
#3- triple single carb (offy adapter) on reworked log head.

Would love you thoughts guys!

I'm saving my money up for a head and the triple weber DCOE setup.

My dilemma is I didn't have the funds available before the stock of aluminum heads dried up and getting a 250-2V head into the states looks to be difficult. :banghead:

Has anyone not ever made a tri-power intake or triple side draft intake for the 2V head? I possibly can if that's a direction you and others would rather go in.

Howdy Chefkeg and Welcome:

This is a great forum and although we may not be Aussie literate that won't stop us from sharing opinions. Like- there is nothing cooler that a tri carb sixes. That's my opinion. And the Offy type progressive linkage makes it an economical, daily driver package, and provides better fuel distribution for performance. That's my two cents, for what it's worth.

Adios, David

'just a family cruiser, but would like to be a little different also'

thoughts':

The Tri-Power Offy adapter is a good combination of a little different and drivable performance upgrade and the infinitely variable linkage is unique , as mentioned . The three port simple breathing advantage of the Offy' type setup on the integral intake opens up the 250's options. Sidedraft Webers more a pricey sporty car thing in U.S. .

The Tri-Power 250 in my '61 Comet added hours of fun getting three different old Holley carbs to work, and then to work together. Option I used on "3-carb or 2Bbl" dilemma uses the three port Offy adapter , an added Hi-Rise Plenum for a big 2300 (500CFM) 2Bbl , the single 2Bbl is simpler but not as different ...

have fun

Chefkeg":1ekbe8gb said:
Hey,
Got my self a dilemma guys, which way to go with my '71 XY Wagon 250 6cyl!
I'm tossing up what combo to go with, I have all parts (well most of them) to
do these, two of them need machine work, one is ready to go, it's going in my XY Wagon,
just a family cruiser, but would like to be alittle different also!
Options are -
#1- reworked standard log head with 350 Holley,
#2- 2v head and 500 Holley, Or
#3- triple single carb (offy adapter) on reworked log head.

Would love you thoughts guys!

Chefkeg, yes that is quite a dilemma to have (a good one too) as any one of those head combos would make for an excellent performer. But X3 I will have to agree that one of my all time favorites is the 3 X 1V / Tri power Offys. They are something quite different and as a bonus will give real a vintage look too, in that respect I don't think they can be beat. Good luck on that 71 XY Wagon :nod:

Back