Where to find 250 Crossflow bellhousing spacer plate?

hucklburry

I might just fab my own, unless someone knows where I can find one for a 76DA block, for manual trans? Its the seperator plate, thin sheet metal between block and bellhousing. Thank you!

I can't tell you how many of those I have thrown away on the dozens of 302's, 351W and Cleveland's and other Ford engines i've built. I don't think they are actually necessary in case you can't find one. They haven't ever caused any issues in the many Ford engines i've built, and i've known many other Ford hotrodders and racers that have also done the same with no problems.

When I saw "CNC Dude" replied, I was thinking maybe that you cut them out and sold them, I was wrong...

I did some searched, and it seems more important for an auto trans and clearance for flex plate maybe? It doesn't seem to be a big deal for a manual trans - which is what I am using.

I also haven't found anyone saying they left it out and had problems, yet, so maybe I will not worry about it, I can mock it up and see how it clears before installing too....Thanks

That plate is only .025"-.030" thick, so I can't see that making or breaking a flexplate install for clearance. If I had one laying around I would gladly create a CAD file for you to get one laser cut or water jetted though.

Back