flywheel bolts?

hucklburry

So I have a 76DA, had a flexplate on it, I am installing a new flywheel - zero balance etc, and need to get the correct new flywheel bolts.

It looks like I should get 7/16-20 x .9" long, I found that at Napa, anyone know if that is correct?

An internet search shows some in the .9xx" long range for a US250, I just want to get the correct ones.

Also, its been awhile since I've replaced a flywheel, and I didn't take off any washers, that is correct, no washers, right?

Thank you!

hucklburry":ink3emh5 said:
So I have a 76DA, had a flexplate on it, I am installing a new flywheel - zero balance etc, and need to get the correct new flywheel bolts.

It looks like I should get 7/16-20 x .9" long, I found that at Napa, anyone know if that is correct?

An internet search shows some in the .9xx" long range for a US250, I just want to get the correct ones.

Also, its been awhile since I've replaced a flywheel, and I didn't take off any washers, that is correct, no washers, right?

Thank you!

Yes correct 7/16-20 by 31/32 these are used on the US 250 six, 289, 302, 351, V8's too. Yes you are correct no washers are used, you can used some locktite though on the threads if you want. Below is a set of the correct bolts in the ARP versions for your referance. Good luck (y) :nod:

https://www.cjponyparts.com/arp-flywhee ... gKaGPD_BwE

X2, the flywheel bolts or flexplate bolts are exposed to oil from the rear main. They need to be sealed or you will be blessed with an oil leak from that area.

yes I'll seal em up.

Does this clutch need dowel pins? I don't think one came with the clutch or flywheel....

I found my flywheel did come with dowels, and I found later bolts are all threaded and need the dowels, there are bolts that are shouldered that don't need dowels, could be wrong, but I got it now.

Back